Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a pdf or a link on this forum that shows how to remove the existing top grill on an 04. i know i can take the bumper off and "figure it out" but id like to see it on paper b4 i decide to unhook everything.:)

if anyone can help. thanx a bunch.
-e-

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
you really do not need paper for this. it is really simple. first, remove the bumper. if you look at the upper grille, you will see that the molding around the grille is held in by two screws on each side. you can remove the two screws using a phillips. then, there are three black clips that are holding the grille in place at the bottom of the grille molding. you will need to pop those out. i find that if you push from the bottom of the clip which is the grille side, not the bumper side, it is easier. then, you will have several screws that keep the grille attached to the grille molding. i do not not have paper instructions but this is exactly what i did when i replaced the grille molding on my 2005 with the grille molding from a 2006 ex-p. if you have anymore questions or problems, you can shoot me an email. good luck. one more thing, you should take the bumper off. you do not necessarily need to remove the whole thing if you can get into it from the top by just removing the black clips at the top. when i helped sk8nlment with his grille, we did not remove the entire bumper. we just removed enough clips to get a good reach in to remove the black clips on the bottom side of the grille, the bumper side.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Top Grille Information

The top grille on an 04 is held in place entirely by screws, not clips. I recently replaced my OEM grilles with billets from Grillecraft. Also, I could not access all the screws without removing the complete front bumper.

Jackson:D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The top grille on an 04 is held in place entirely by screws, not clips. I recently replaced my OEM grilles with billets from Grillecraft. Also, I could not access all the screws without removing the complete front bumper.

Jackson:D
there are three clips at the bottom.

you can see in the image. part b: named clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts