Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the fastest you've gone in your Element?

As I'm still in the so called "break-in period" with mine, I haven't taken it over 85.

I'm just curious as to whether it can hit the 120 at the far end of the speedometer or not!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote:a8d8907906="E-lated"]Had mine up to 120 on the 405 no sweat !
BTW were you refeffing to mph of kph :?:

:lol: :lol:[/quote:a8d8907906]

Pssh... MPH of course... like Americans need the metric system! :roll:

hehehe :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haven't maxed it out yet, but on the highway, I'm constantly surprised to look down and see that I'm driving 85 no problem. Says a lot about not just the power, but the ride...it sure doesn't feel like I'm going that fast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting out 6 license points from the bright-yellow coupe I had before (Hey cops! Pull me over please!), so I have been too timid to get above 70. However, I do notice that I can slip up to 60 and beyond without really noticing... the acceleration and drive in the E are really smooth! I suspect at anything above 90 the sheer wind resistance would make it hard to drive though... I was doing 65 on the freeway the other day and really felt the car push against the air... sort of like driving a refrigerator with wheels. :)

Drew

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, 88 views and only 4 replies!

come on, someone has to have driven faster than 85 already!

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
bought my element in another state and on the way home I decided to run it for a bit... I am friends with cops in the area so I wasnt to afraid and I hit almost 90 but I slowed down beccause my life is more important than how fast my E will go... I am getting ready to leave for michigan and Im traveling at night so i will try to see how fast i can go...

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:75c37436f8="Sheniferous"]damn, 88 views and only 4 replies!

come on, someone has to have driven faster than 85 already![/quote:75c37436f8]

Shen, the problem might be that the Element doesn't even look like it should be going fast. Something is just wrong about certain vehicles going fast. Especially when they look like a piece of farm equiptment. Do you think Honda will share the wind tunnel results with us ? Of course they won't.
You need to have another vehicle to satisfy your lust for speed. For what it's worth I think this car is quick but not fast... Have fun

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've only gone 78 in mine on the freeway and that snuck up on me. It is rather smooth at that speed. The Element wasn't built for speed, however. It was built with versatility and utility in mind.

B

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, i know it's not built for speed... but doesn't the boy racer in you just wanna come out and make an appearance every once in awhile?

i mean, my old car was a stock 1991 accord ex and on a lone stretch of desert highway at 3am i took it up to 135.... it's no sports car by any means!

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
I just traveled comfortable at right aver 85 on the Ohio Turnpike for an extended amount of time... didnt calculate gas mileage to see how this affected it. But it was fast enough for me to ask this question "is anyone a/or does anyone know a ohio state troopers? LOL

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I just had our E up between 95 and 100 on 55 heading back from Chicago to St. Louis....at one point I looked down and turned to my husband and said I better slow it down! The E is made for highway driving! What an easy comfortable road trip!

Diane :)

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
On the return trip from michigan I was able to run it to right around 103. I could have gone faster but traffic wouldnt allow it. I did set cruise at 90 on the Ohio and Pa turnpike tho and it did well. Gas mileage wasnt an issue either tho. I have found the best cruising speed in my Element to be right around 72.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I just got back from a trip to Florida and back to D.C. I mostly stayed on cruise between 73 and 77 mph on I95. Once while on cruise a number of cars were on my right and someone was coming up fast behind me so I sped up to pass a few cars and pull over to the right. At that point I had it up to a little over 90. Not there for long because I typically stay with the speed of the cars around me. The 70s were very comfortable and the little trip over 90 was just as comfortable. No wind on that day. I'm sure with a beam wind high speeds would be a little nerve racking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did a trip from Fayetteville, NC to NYC in 8hrs 45 minutes. I didn't use the cruise control. My Element was very comfortable doing 80 mph for long stretches at a time. I've only been up to about 92 mph so far. Within the next few months, I'll extend a bit. Oh yeah, by then I'll have a larger tire/wheel combo either 255/55-17 or 18.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Waiting for the streets to clean up. I've Hit around 105, still lots left. Hoping it will do 120. Will post what the E tops out at when the streets clear up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nate, I certainly hope we do not read about you in the paper under the Heading "Speeding E driver loses control and crashes fatally after the streets have been cleaned up." I for one, did not buy an E to see how fast the sumbeech will go.

Ger

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't ask how. But I found that the E has a governer. She tops out at 180 km/h. About 110 mp/h. Then the the governer cuts the engine back.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts