Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone long time no talk...

Just wondering what the top speed you have hit.

I have hit 165 km so far

·
Registered
894 Posts
Wowser! And hopefully nowhere about a speed trap. 140 lmh here and I did notice the tach pretty high at abou 4K rpm.

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:1b44cd77d2="lizzurd"]was that with or without the OD on?[/quote:1b44cd77d2]

With the OD on of course, I don't want to waste any gas :lol:

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
[quote:61a3d3ac52="Slowhand"][quote:61a3d3ac52="lizzurd"]was that with or without the OD on?[/quote:61a3d3ac52]

With the OD on of course, I don't want to waste any gas :lol:[/quote:61a3d3ac52]

good point.....my E is a pig on gas to beging with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't beleive you guys are still complaining about fuel economy...Jon and I went to Quebec and back, with the AC on the whole time and got 30 MPG...and we don't mind giving her a little to pass!! Why are you guys getting such horrible fuel economy...we have been pleasantly surprised with how awesome it is!!

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
I'm only getting around 375 km out of a tank of gas......not sure what the conversion to mpg is.........but at the rate its costing me $60 a week for gas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to know what other box the size of an "e"
gets as good mileage!
I've only got about 4K on mine with a 5spd, but
I'm happy already!
I wonder? Seems it's always the ones racing to the next
red light that complain about gas mileage!
This thing isn't geared to cruise over 120K,
the automatic is probably a little better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Holy s*#!t!!! That's crazy......Maybe you should plug that hole in the bottom of your fuel tank. I've been getting close to 600km out of a tank of gas with a mixture of hiway and city driving. Mine is a 5spd (I think the twin of Brenda and Jonathan's "E".)

Boy am I ever glad that I decided against the 4wd model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote:583584e43e="lizzurd"]Tops speed is listed as 108 mph or roughly 175 kph.[/quote:583584e43e]
hi ...I live in Toronto too ...where did you get the Deflectashield Door Visors the 4pcs one ....pls reply

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lizzurd, That is horrible for gass milage, you should be getting closer to 600km per tank if you let it run down to nothing. Now if you are getting 375 and then when you fill up you only need around 35-40 liters then you are ok. But if you are filling up and need 50 liters for 375km I would be taking in my E to honda to have a look at it.

Rick

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
To be honest i do go easy on my cars......i ring out every last bit of performance i can get.But even going easy on the gas pedal my milage isnt the greatest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts