Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered the manual, but had to do my brakes in a hurry, so could any of you give me honda specs for my rear brake caliper mounting bolts and pins for an 04 element? Would really help me, thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the torque specs and also the tip to lube the slider pins. I did have one more question on torque as I also unbolted the main brake pad housing from the frame with the two larger bolts behind so I could do a good job on cleaning everything, so would any of you know the torque rating for those larger bolts as well?

·
Registered
816 Posts
when you say brake pad housing,,,do you mean the caliper or the caliper housing,,if your just doing pads there no reason to take off the caliper housing unless your changing the rotors...just make sure you put a little grease on the tips of the pads also,,this will help the pads slide easy on the track..also put some grease on the track that the pads slide on,,,be neat..do not get any grease on the front of the pads,,or on the rotors,,,good luck i hope this helps..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you say brake pad housing,,,do you mean the caliper or the caliper housing,,if your just doing pads there no reason to take off the caliper housing unless your changing the rotors...just make sure you put a little grease on the tips of the pads also,,this will help the pads slide easy on the track..also put some grease on the track that the pads slide on,,,be neat..do not get any grease on the front of the pads,,or on the rotors,,,good luck i hope this helps..
I meant the caliper housing, sorry about that. The only reason I took it off was that the pads were really jammed in there and I didn't want to use too much force with a screwdriver to get them out and scuff the rotors, so I needed the torque for the caliper housing bolts thanks. Thanks for the grease tips as I did not do that before either and will do all that on my brothers element, my crv and my dads accord. Might as well do a good job for everyone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody out there? :grin: Was still hoping for the torque values on the rear brake caliper housing bolts?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anybody out there? :grin: Was still hoping for the torque values on the rear brake caliper housing bolts?
For the 2008 EX, the 10 x 1.25 mm bolts are 41 ft. lb. (brake calipher bracket mounting bolts). The smaller bolts to remove just the pads are 17 ft. lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts