Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp, things were good while it lasted... Who am I kidding? This Element required boocoue work on my part but I learned a hell of a lot from it and everyone on here. And for that I am very appreciative.

Last night I hit an Elk and totalled my Element. 😭. I have a whole bunch of new parts and upgrades done to it. The list will be long but I’d rather have these parts go to folks on here than anywhere else.

I’m going to start commpiling the list with stuff available but if there’s something you want or need, just ask and I will do what I can to get it to you.

I am located in Southern NM at the moment. Of course coming to pick parts may be an option or I can mail reasonable sized parts out at the buyers expense.

Please let me know what you need.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marv... it did amazing in that sense. It did not even close to feeling as bad as the damage actually looked. I’ll try and post some picks when I go to move it.

I am very grateful for having such a quality vehicle to protect me and my pooch.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh Crap! Sorry to hear that. Are you going to be looking for a replacement E? I hope so. Keep us posted on what you are selling.

·
Registered
90 Posts
David, so sorry you lost your E but glad you both are okay. Best wishes in 2019 I hope you find a new E in this new year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Element parts..

Hi David, sorry about the loss,I'm sure you'll find another soon..Hey,any chance on having an alloy wheelset for sale? Thanks,Mart

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi David, sorry to hear of the loss,I'm sure you'll be back in an Element soon..Hey any chance of an alloy wheelset for sale?Thanks,Mart

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
looking for a service manual if you have one.
Sorry loon, no service manual. I should’ve had one though... 😉

Hi David, sorry to hear of the loss,I'm sure you'll be back in an Element soon..Hey any chance of an alloy wheelset for sale?Thanks,Mart
Thanks... No alloys Martmc either. I have stock black plasti-dip steelies with Cooper Discoverer LSX plus’ with about 11/32 tread.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Caution: photo’s may make you a little queezy.

Thanks you guys... overall I was really amazed at how well she took this hit. My dog and I were snug as a button.

I really cherish this board, and just it alone makes me want another Element. The vehicle was pretty damn perfect for me. I’m going to look around for another E but at the same time keep my doors open to other possibilities too I think. We’ll see... ☺ My LX AWD MT was really the bee’s knee’s. It’ll be tough to find another one with everything I want.

Thanks so much dgale. Really appreciate your honesty, kind wisdom, and support these couple of years friend. I’ll keep you updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ouch - glad you are okay. I still have my original 2003 E that I was holding onto for no particular reason other than it is nearly identical to my 2004...but I'd be open to selling it to you at a good price if it was something that would work for you. It's only a 2WD but it does have a MT with a fairly new clutch. Needs front struts and control arm bushings and one of the CV half shafts replaced but you're an old pro at fixing that stuff. Engine is in excellent condition and can go 10K+ miles without burning a quart of oil. Anyway, no idea if a 2WD would work for you but let me know if interested and I can fill you in on rest of details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello David!

So sorry for your loss! Very glad you and the pup are OK though. That must have been scary. Did the elk make it?

I lost the rear seat headrests for my '08. Long story!

If you have those I am interested!

Thank you!
Liza

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry about your element! does your element have a covered center console? I am looking for something like that for my 2006.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for it loss. If it makes u feel any better, my 03 was in a 2 mph fender bender in a parking lot n more parts were damaged than ur elk did!
To restore this thing I'm still needing a ton of parts, IF The 03 n 04 are interchangeable. Do u happen to know for sure? I will google it but betting they are. *In hindsight, as I review this list, I'm thinking it would probably be easier for u to take the front end from MY CAR. LOL. ALL U NEED IS THE FRONT END, I NEED TO STRIP MOST PIECES OF UR CAR OMG LOL.
Here's the list (most of the car hahaha), if anyone else has these parts, and lives closer to Virginia, feel free to reply. And sir, please bear in mind that if I could afford to replace these new, I would. My ex totaled the car n ditched, n without it running I can't work (I'm a painter), so maybe it would help as u reply to include the prices u want for each part u have, vs as a whole package. Mostly I need the car to RUN (anti theft issue) and be sealed to the outdoors. The rest is cosmetic. Could go in stages if no one else beats me to the other parts.. Ok HERE IS THE LIST::
*All the rubber pieces that insulate the doors (weatherstripping? Idk what its called, I'm just a chick on a mission), and the back hatch, and sunroof, everything that pulls off of ur doors) thereby making it WATERPROOF n BUGPROOF)Including interior pieces that go at bottom of front doors, they r like bumpers, if u know what I mean...Right now bugs n rain have 24/7 access.
*the flap that covers the outside of the hinge to passenger window, drivers side, another entry point
* one of the caps on side of roof rack ( passenger side, front)
* The soundproofing padding inside, under the flooring, all of it, if its not too dirty or moldy or mildewed (someone hosed the inside of my vehicle n left it wet, which doesn't drain, Duhhh)
* the radio, if it is standard n fits console
* ANY PART U MAY HAVE THAT BYPASSES THE INS ANTI THEFT MECHANISM
* drivers side EXT SIDE PANEL AND DOOR (if not damaged and depending on shipping costs, I'm in VA)
* the hardware that attaches EVERYTHING on the inside sides of vehicle (its what u would be removing to get to the soundproofing mats. Husband threw away the nuts, bolts, screws, etc. Yikes!)
* if ur a.c. fan isn't crunched, need one
* if ur front wiper fluid motor (whatever makes it actually squirt out) isn't crunched, need that.
* the plastic covering OVER the hardware for the sides and back of car, mine was exposed (so I can see the wiring, for example, in the hatchback door. Didn't notice those pieces were missing when I bought the car.) Def missing sides/passenger armrests spot back to the hatch then on hatch itself. Lmk if u need pix.
* any seat covers u may have, if they are removable (mine are splitting just like everyone else's)
* the fabric off the inside of roof, if it comes off, lol
* front right headlight assembly if it's is still intact, doubtful I know
* rubber matting over soundproofing, front both sides, and under the front seats
* the plastic part that covers the hood pull, bottom front left near floor
* interior passenger side panel that covers most of door, not the speaker cover part, the one surrounding that.
* any auto start or auto door lock/unlock clickers and whatever parts go inside the car to make them work. (My keys don't open the doors and they won't start the car bc the INS keeps saying they aren't the right keys/chip/code. They decode themselves. I either need part to bypass the INS or an auto starter to bypass need for chip n INS to match n start.
* dealership says I need a new Starter, but I think they're playing the New Starter > New Battery > New Starter etc game on me. I'm assuming urs is crunched, but maybe someone else has one or has insight on this...I think once I bypass the anti-theft, my starter (which was new when car stopped starting) will magically work again.
* outside plastic parts that surround the windshield, mine have a gap even tho I have the long pieces n hood pieces in place. So if there's another piece u have that is small n closes that gap, pls lmk. I'm not sure they exist, all I know is they slide up n down creating gap.
I THINK THATS IT. IF UR WILLING TO DO THE SCAVENGER HUNT ON AT LEAST THE PRIMARY PARTS NEEDED, WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. RIGHT NOW CANT EVEN TRADE THIS IN.
AND IF ANYONE IS CLOSE TO RICHMOND VA AND KNOES HOW TO INSTALL THE ANTI THEFT PART, IM ABOUT TO BUY ONE ONLINE BUT NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL. HELP OR ADVICE APPRECIATED...I am pretty good at following youtube instructions on how to fix things, but willing to pay anyone local a reasonable price to help with this so I can work again 😁
Thanks and hope u can help. Sorry there is no anti-elk device. Would be WAY more helpful than the anti-theft device for all of us!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parting out

You and your dog are extremely lucky to walk away from that elk encounter. Glad you are okay and can tell us about it. I am looking for the wiring harness in the dash side for t Thanks in advance.he OEM satellite radio system. Previous owner of my E cut the wiring harness out when he put in an after market radio. I purchased an OEM sat radio off of ebay and need the OEM wiring harness to make it work, specificially, the speakers. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
30 Participants
plumber
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing