Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealers are all offering this "touch of class" paint sealer and saying that I cant get the element with out it! but then of course they add $1995.00 to the price can any one tell me if this is something I really need???

·
Registered
28 Posts
I talked to a couple of dealers and asked them not to put anything on the car when they get it. (door guards, mud flaps, pinstripes ...) Both the dealers I talked to were fine with that. I don't know about the paint sealer but I would find out who makes it and how they apply it. $1995 seems very high (New paint job might be less).

Patrick

·
Registered
62 Posts
NO WAY. thats $2000 dollars are you kidding? I would buy from another dealer! Some ( most) dealers just suck ass!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think your dealer is trying to stiff you with the old "floor plan trick". Basically you're paying a very high sum for a $20 wax job. Run, don't walk, from that dealer. Its very hard to believe that as popular and quick selling as the E is, this dealer is resorting to "floor planning".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you every one for the advise, I think I will tell the dealer to bite my "touch of ass"!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote:ccc481abad="BB & Freaky-E"]NO WAY. thats $2000 dollars are you kidding? I would buy from another dealer! Some ( most) dealers just suck ass![/quote:ccc481abad]

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
I also recommend you run, not walk from that dealership. Who knows what other fees they might have in store for you. Heck, you can fly across the country, take a week off work, make it a vacation and drive your Element home for 2 f'n grand.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:b1318ec5bf="medic4lee"]My local dealers are all offering this "touch of class" paint sealer and saying that I cant get the element with out it! but then of course they add $1995.00 to the price can any one tell me if this is something I really need???[/quote:b1318ec5bf]

It is my understanding that paint sealers, fabric sealers (not applicable to the Element as it is already stainproofed) underbody coatings and such are

(1) already put on by the factory, at no charge to the dealer
(2) a complete and total rip off, and simply a hidden profit for the dealer.

The whole thing about buying cars is this: the more information you have, the more you're going to be able to see through the baloney. And then it's up to you to use the information.

I find dealers are much more likely to treat women like they are idiots. It's completely despicable. I'm a professional woman who does research for a living. Yet I know that there are many, many women who have no clue about buying a car. It's the dealer's right to make a dollar, but it's not their right to treat women worse than men.

WORST OF ALL: I still wear a wedding band although I'm widowed. Salespeople of any sort wanting to know what my husband thinks are advised where they can find his ashes, as I walk out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Dealer wanted $250 for the touch of class.....but then again they wanted $1600 for the 7/100,000 warranty also! Oh yea, that was the Costco members price...down from $350 and $1900...HA Ha Ha I did neither. It was funny how the sales person, and the title gal were both saying the opposite things to me in each meeting.....they need to get on the same page. it was bad that it made LOL. If it wasn't for the flirting with the title gal, I might have questioned her on theses comments and price quotes...BG

·
Registered
159 Posts
Easy E: Was the Costco discount on the car very good? How much below MSRP? I am about to contact them to see what price I can get through their program.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know Heman, I did not go that route...I went in with a out the door cash deal.....the Costco discount came up when the extended warranty and clear coat was offered to me. I paid about $200 under MSRP, plus some extras.

Eazy E

1 - 11 of 11 Posts