Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I joined a few months ago as i was shopping to replace my beloved Subie. I appreciate the helpful info this site has to offer. Perhaps i can make a worthwhile contribution down the line. For now, I've got a little bit of an odd request.

Here's the deal: The Element is ok and i'll probably really grow to like it one day but it was second choice to another Subaru (couldn't find one in my price range in this part of the world). It might really help me embrace my Element if i could hear some cool Element love stories....anything bike related would get my attention.
Thanks,
keith

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome to the Club! You will find yourself here a lot....So Bike related...You can fit a dirt bike with the seats folded up in the back. I have even seen a snowmobile stashed in the back of a E. Besides a Bike it easily fits in the trunk with little effort. Have fun, you will love the Element

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Welcome !

I understand your dilemma ;-) You'll have a new opinion of the E once you put the bike (or 2 or 3 . . . ) inside . . . . (something I have yet to accomplish with my subie )

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The E is the best bike vehicle I have ever owed.

Why?

-fits multiple bikes, (road, mtn or hybrid) standing up and without removing wheels;
-easy cleaning, multi-configurable interior easily adapted for transporting bikes, gear and people;
-clamshell tailgate is a great basecamp, repair surface, lunch table when Element is used as a transport/support vehicle on road trips.
-very comfortable for short naps while waiting for others in the group to catch up or meet up, in a pinch, you can camp in it.

Don't think there is any Subaru that can do all this. An old VW combi that I owned many years ago came the closest.

Welcome to the Cult! :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have owned two Outbacks and loved both of them, but when it came time to purchase another vehicle; I found that Subaru had priced themselves out of my life.

I am a person that, in my 48 years of driving, has never kept a car more than 3 years. I bought my Element new in '04 and it still puts a little smile on my face every time I walk out the front door.

Enough said!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My 2¢...

Keith...

Hey buddy... Post some pics will ya...? My personal experience is some what along the lines of what you're asking... Less than a month of owning the 'ol LunchBox, I grabbed my girl at the airport, she wanted to go camping (yeah, I'm a lucky man...!) so we just grabbed her suitcase and threw everything in and left...

Now it does have that "cluttered" look but hey, I'm an 'ol Boy Scout and an old Jeep Grand Cherokee owner and couldn't have pulled that trip off in 3-hrs without my E... I have a mtn bike coz she's a marathon runner and I can't keep up...! LMELBO!!! I'd have a road bike but sometimes I'm a trail monkey thus the mtn bike... Plus, it matches the color of the 'ol LunchBox...!!!

Good times...!!! 8-months of ownership and counting...! Loving EVERY minute of it...! Plus, you can NOT beat this site for all the good ideas and great ways to improve and customize your E... Don't worry... Start thinking of a name for her and she'll grow on you... They ALWAYS do my friend... Post some pics so you can get a proper welcome...

LBD

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can vouch for dogs! I have 2 great danes and they can both stand up in the back with the seats up and lay down all comfy like too! And when the drool all over the place, clean up is simpel....just hose it out!

Welcome to one the best multi-functional vehicle EVAR!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We have several threads about what you can and have fit in the back of an E.
If your a biker, you can fit 3 mountain bikes inside, with reasonable camping gear. Camping fanatics have been able to put a weeks worth of equipment and food inside with room to spare, plus once they're there, a nice metal tent to sleep in (just make sure to secure your food). If you're moving, box after box will fit inside (Elements are big enough to move most of your stuff, while being small enough for friends to pass up asking you to help them move, unlike trucks and vans). Lastly, if you're getting new gear (appliances and such) you can fit a full sized dishwasher inside (and close the back) a fridge (but have to leave the back open), Lumber (tailgate closed, hatch open... Mark the end appropriately) or a new TV inside (I've seen a 50" without box no problem).
Plus it has an awesome AWD, I have NEVER been stuck. And that's with Minnesota winters to contend with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome. I've had a couple over-nighters with me and the bike and is good to be able to throw the bike in without breaking it down. Some sort of curtains are on my wish list before the next camping expedition.

I don't have any Element specific pics but here's one featuring my grand-niece unloading plants. It's not a good pic but if you look real close, you can see my Rush sticking it's tire out! If i could get my fuel mileage into the upper twenties, i'd be a much happier guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If i could get my fuel mileage into the upper twenties, i'd be a much happier guy.
Might I suggest using Fuelly...? Click on "it" on my signature (below) and welcome to the EOC!!! May she provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...

LBD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts