Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Has anyone here switched out the rear struts and or shocks for ones that could hold more wieght?

Seems like the rear wheels start to angle in when there is a bit of wieght in the truck... i've heard it can only hold 675lb, but that must be due to the choice of suspension.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not really, aftermarket struts are usually about the same as stock, you could invest in coilovers to beable to adjust it back to the height if you carry wieght alot of the time. Another way is to get a rear air bag suspension with a leveling sensor kit, but that is big bucks. You really donr have to worry about the wieght if it is short distances, but I do advise to stay within the manufactures wieght suggestions, they are set so nothing happens to the vehicle.
Later
Steve

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Call Eibach and see if they can make some OEM style springs in a custom spring rate for you. Might cost you a little chunk of change though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
you would have to get eibach ers springs.so ground control coilovers would be the best bet.i dont know what length you would need though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
might be easier and cheaper to buy an old 500 dollar truck. but you could upgrade the struts and springs to custom. measure the OD and ID. amount of coils. compressed and uncompressed length of the spring. make not of winding direction and start and stop angles of the coil and any spring manufacturer can whip you up something with a higher force value. You would need a stronger damper though. koni rsx struts fit and you can pay extra to have the manufacturer revalve to the loads you are applying. You would ruin your driving dynamic and change your natural freq in the rear. their is a strong possibility of making your unloaded ride unbearable. Or you could remove your rear seats and add that weight to the manufacturers suggested hauling to increase your abilities and save time and money? or maybe an air bag assist would be a more viable option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts