Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best way to tow 2 cr250 dirt bikes every once in a while. I don't have room for a trailer so that is not an option. I also can't fit these bikes inside the e so that's not an option either. I'm not the biggest fan of hanging them off the back with a hitch mount but I'm considering it. I've seen people hold one bike with no issue. I even posted a picture of it. And please don't tell me that the tongue weight is 150 lbs because that is inaccurate. There is much more to factor in than just 10% of the tow capacity (which is also on the conservative side at 1500 lbs) I've towed more than 1500 lbs before. Anyways, Honda says that it can only hold 675 lbs but even they say that the front axle can hold 2300 lbs and the rear 2100 or something like that and the curb weight is 3400 so that leaves about 1000 left over and I've held about 1000 pounds in my car before with no issue. So would it be all that big of a deal to hold 2 210 pound bikes off the back? I will have another 185 pound man in the car with me by the way and I am 185 as well. Opinions??? Sorry for the lengthy post haha

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts