Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a couple pics of my EX 4WD Auto towing my new Starcraft pop-up camper trailer at this site: http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

I have a Hidden Hitch installed on the Ellie and it tows this trailer like a dream. I picked up the trailer this weekend in Lewisville, Texas and towed it back home to Austin, Texas. A one way trip of about 250 miles. I got 20.5 mpg at an average speed of about 65 mph. :shock:

I love my Ellie!!!! :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
That looks very nice. I have been looking at a small pop up for our E. W had a huge Jayco pop up for years and loved it.

What is up with the towing capacity of the Element??? Honda under rates the weight both inside and towing greatly, I think. Any thoughts as to why?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey

yousay you have a hidden hitch, what make and where did you get it???

tim, ps i'm about to buy a new element...any advice??

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That looks totally sweet! How much does the camper weigh? What is the towing capacity of the E? (I am sure this is in the owners manual....but I am just too darn comfy on the couch to go out tomy E!)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
And that's according to the owners manual, which I've committed to memory, so I don't have to get up. I think that's kinda lower than what it'll really pull, but I also installed the hidden hitch and compared to other hitches I've had it's pretty puny. Those small Jayco pop ups run about 1000-1200 lbs if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks Dan....I may have to get me a Dan, you never know when you will need somone to recite verbatunm the Element Owner's Manual. :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
I just purchased a new Flagstaff pop up to tow with my E. I am really pleased with how well the E handles it. I can tow at speed limit on the highway and tow it over the WV mountains to get to my research site every week with no problems. How do you like your Jayco? I looked at a few used ones when I bought the flagstaff but couldnt find a good local dealer of new ones. IF you get a chance swing by www.popupexplorer.com its a good place to find information about all things pop up related. I spend a lot of time there. I will be driving through texas this week on my cross country E trip. If you see a blue element with WV plates be sure to wave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts