Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hey everyone,

We just had our brand new 08 ex written off in an accident and we replaced with an 09 ex, just a side note to how the 08 held up in the accident, my pregnant wife was T-Boned by a mid sized chev truck and the Element deployed all its side air bags and held up very well, she had some minor bruising from the seatbelt (to be expected) and that was it. Other than that I feel very confident that she and my daughter are safe in the Element.

Just thought I would give you a run down on everything that I have put in my 09 EX. Just to eliminate any questions as to compatbility betwen 08 equipment.

Thule Roof Rack with 58" bars(same as 08 )
Hidden Hitch Class 3 with 2" Receiver(same as 08 )
Kenwood DNX7140(with all same Metra & Scosche install parts as 08 ex )
Back up camera
H4 Hid Hi and Low beam kit(09 retains daytime running light! seperate bulb)
Compustar Pro alarm/remote start combo with Idatalink bypass(same as 08 )

If anyone is looking for a indash Nav/Screen/Bluetooth the Kenwoods are definately the best out there, the navigation is done by Garmin and is by far the most superior GPS company around.

Just some insight for all you Element owners out there!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bradc4, I'm glad your family is ok after the accident. It's reassuring to know that E's are safe vehicles. Do you have a pic of the GPS unit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. Safety was a major consideration in my recent E purchase. I've been looking (not seriously yet though) at the Kenwood DMX9140 and would love to see a pic of your install.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Wish I wouldve read your post earlier

:)Hey everyone,

We just had our brand new 08 ex written off in an accident and we replaced with an 09 ex, just a side note to how the 08 held up in the accident, my pregnant wife was T-Boned by a mid sized chev truck and the Element deployed all its side air bags and held up very well, she had some minor bruising from the seatbelt (to be expected) and that was it. Other than that I feel very confident that she and my daughter are safe in the Element.

Just thought I would give you a run down on everything that I have put in my 09 EX. Just to eliminate any questions as to compatbility betwen 08 equipment.

Thule Roof Rack with 58" bars(same as 08 )
Hidden Hitch Class 3 with 2" Receiver(same as 08 )
Kenwood DNX7140(with all same Metra & Scosche install parts as 08 ex )
Back up camera
H4 Hid Hi and Low beam kit(09 retains daytime running light! seperate bulb)
Compustar Pro alarm/remote start combo with Idatalink bypass(same as 08 )

If anyone is looking for a indash Nav/Screen/Bluetooth the Kenwoods are definately the best out there, the navigation is done by Garmin and is by far the most superior GPS company around.

Just some insight for all you Element owners out there!
Yeah, I got a Pioneer AVIC 910BT Indash Nav/DVD/Bluetooth in my EX 2009 Element and the guy at Best Buy cant get the steering wheel controls to work with it...Sucks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats about par for the course for Best Buy, you can use a PAC SWi-PS. It does work if hooked up according to the instructions. Take it to a real car audio store and they will get it working for you!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thats about par for the course for Best Buy, you can use a PAC SWi-PS. It does work if hooked up according to the instructions. Take it to a real car audio store and they will get it working for you!
Thanks...I'll try another car audio store b/c I sure am too lazy to turn the volume knob with my left hand...Its all about Safety :smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
glad to hear the 2' hitch worked on '09.

I've been looking into putting a hitch on my LX '09, but the dealer only installs 1 1/4 hitches for the "E". Did you have to cut away your bumper?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. Safety was a major consideration in my recent E purchase. I've been looking (not seriously yet though) at the Kenwood DMX9140 and would love to see a pic of your install.
heres what it looks like installed....

rear camera installed...

more photos in my album.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kenwood DNX9140 Install Questions

The pictures you posted of your 9140 install have me wanting to do the same. Were you able to use the factory antenna for the satellite radio? Also, did you install it yourself or have it done? If you had it installed, where did you get it installed? From the pictures I can tell you're in San Diego. I am in SD as well and am looking for a good place to go for this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yep... my factory antenna was used... but if yours cant be, the reciever is small and can fit behind your deck under the dash... thats where my XM traffic, XM radio, and GPS reciever is... all in one spot.

heres a few of places to get it installed... in San Diego

Auto Fashion
United Stereo
Car Audio Heaven

1 - 14 of 14 Posts