Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on holiday in Austria and it was freezing here. I few day's ago the motor malfunction light came on (and couldn't shift out of Park normally on my A/T). The Honda dealer here tested the car with the computer and it gave a TP sensor malfunction. The car is running with no problem, is not hot, no high rev or anything. So I told them that I will check it out when I am back in the Netherlands (also because the Honda dealer didn't have any technical information about the Element, I know more because of this forum 8)).

Today it was much warmer and this morning the light was off and could shift normally. We drove to a gletcher (to go skiing) and when we went of the light came on again (and no shifting possible, lucky I know how to handle did).

I have read the different threads on the forum about the TP sensor but I am wondering if somebody had the same problem when the weather is getting colder or very wet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up

I have reset the error message with the computer when I was back in the Netherlands. Now the error is gone and I can shift normally.

Was it the cold weather?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts