Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've searched and read through multiple threads on here, and I still have questions about this:

I have ordered a set of Michelin LTX M/S tires in the stock size. (I wanted to go larger, but male friends that claim to know best told me to stick with stock. Whatever; that's not the problem.) What I need to know is:

1) If I have a local shop (i.e. not the Honda service place I've always gone to) put my tires on, will the TPMS light come on? That's what it sounds like from the threads I've read, but Honda wanted $168 to mount and balance my tires and do an alignment. However, it also sounds like Honda has the all-powerful, all-knowing TPMS reset...thingy. That is my technical term for it, because I am a girl. :roll: I don't want to pay Honda that much $ if I can get a better price at a private shop, but I don't want to have to deal with that light being on, nor do I want to disable the TPMS (in case it ever does come in handy).

2) Also, I ordered new valve stems along with the tires (through Discount Tire Direct 8)), and I read somewhere that the TPMS and valve stems are related? Where are the TPMS sensors located? As you can see, I don't know the first thing about how the TPMS works. (Did I do a good thing by ordering new valve stems? It just seemed to make sense.)

Thanks for any info you care to offer!

·
12,179 Posts
I will make this easy for you.

Your 2006 does not have TPMS. It did not start until 2007. Even if you did have TPMS swappting tires does not have an effect on the tpms sensors unless the actual sensors are changed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, thank you! :razz: I'm relieved, actually...I was even wondering about that, but forgot to ask when I was posting. I hadn't seen it mentioned in the manual or anywhere, but I thought maybe it was one of those things that was just assumed/known by most.
I have a service manual on the way, so hopefully that will prevent (m)any more silly questions. :oops:

(Mods, feel free to delete this thread! Sorry!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts