Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I just picked up a set of dealer take-off 2004 Element steelies. Will the TPMS from my 2008 alloys mount up to these?
The only thing that may keep them from not working on the steel wheels would be the angle(or position) of the valve stem. The dealer may be able to provide the correct answer for you. If the sensors won't fit correctly into the valve stem holes(due to the valve stem angle) then they can be attached to the wheels via aftermarket bands and brackets.

·
12,180 Posts
The sensors are the same for steel wheels and alloys. The only difference between the rims is that the one for tpms is counter balanced to make up for the weight of the sensor.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I just picked up a set of dealer take-off 2004 Element steelies. Will the TPMS from my 2008 alloys mount up to these?
Nice pick up...they just got around to pulling them off an 04?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing that may keep them from not working on the steel wheels would be the angle(or position) of the valve stem. The dealer may be able to provide the correct answer for you. If the sensors won't fit correctly into the valve stem holes(due to the valve stem angle) then they can be attached to the wheels via aftermarket bands and brackets.
Thanks for the info! I will be ordering Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 225/70-16 tires from Discount Tire Direct soon :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts