Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this one is for all you Honda techies out there. I installed my SC wheels on my wife's CRV after putting the new shoes on my E. I figured that the TPMS indicator would not go off since there are sensors on the rims. Then when she told me this morning that the light was on, I figured it had to be because the tolerances for the CRV wheels was different from the Element. Is there a way to reset/change the ECU to recognize the new specs (say with an OBD II scanner) or do I just have to pull the fuse and live with it?

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
This thread may hold more information than you need. I just did a search on TPMS, and came up with several threads that will help you out.

Dom

·
Registered
371 Posts
honda tpms lights need to be reset via scan tool. I ran my winter rims which dont have sensors and after i put my stock ones back on i had to clear the light with my scanner. It actually sets a fault code, if the tpms is on ( not the little tire light with the exclamation point )

·
12,179 Posts
If you swapped the sensors over a simple reset will do the trick. If you kepp the sensors from the E on the SC wheels you will not be able to reset them.The CRV and E use different sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
honda tpms lights need to be reset via scan tool. I ran my winter rims which dont have sensors and after i put my stock ones back on i had to clear the light with my scanner. It actually sets a fault code, if the tpms is on ( not the little tire light with the exclamation point )

Hey demasih. which scanner are you using to reset the fault code ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
TPMS is a pain in the butt , winter tire and steel rims are the perfect indication that a driver selected system would be better, thanks to Fords rollover rate with low tires on the Explorer , the driving public will endure the warning lights on the dash or worse....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts