Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much does this trailer and tractor weigh? How does it tow? Can't tell what kind of hitch you have from the Pictures.

Did I mention how envious I am?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I know when I towed mine the trailer I rented was almost 1200 lbs and the tractor was around another 500-600 with an additional 200 lb snow blower and 100 lb mower deck. I managed to get it to balance almost perfectly and it towed like a dream, but I had to keep it in fairly low gear to keep it from chugging too hard. For what it's worth, I have a Curt class III hitch w/ 2" stainless ball on an MT so no tranny overheat for me!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a U-Haul Class II hitch, with 2" ball. I installed the hitch myself http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=487651&postcount=92

The tractor plus trailer weighs about 1500 lb. That's as much as I would want to tow without surge brakes on the trailer. The E has plenty of torque for that, and handles it very well. My estimate of tongue weight is 250 lb.

I have towed up to 3,000 lbs, but with a good tandem-axle trailer and surge brakes. Power is a bit weak for that, but manageable.

I have MT, so I can mange the power delivery carefully without AT overheating problems.

S.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a U-Haul Class II hitch, with 2" ball. I installed the hitch myself http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=487651&postcount=92

The tractor plus trailer weighs about 1500 lb. That's as much as I would want to tow without surge brakes on the trailer. The E has plenty of torque for that, and handles it very well. My estimate of tongue weight is 250 lb.

I have towed up to 3,000 lbs, but with a good tandem-axle trailer and surge brakes. Power is a bit weak for that, but manageable.

I have MT, so I can mange the power delivery carefully without AT overheating problems.

S.
tractor + trailer 1500 ??? I would of figured the tractor was at least 1800. but then it might not be as big as it looks. I wish I had one to play with :razz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts