Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fiance, doxymama, (who's foxy) is the owner of a 2010 Element EX in Polished metal metalic. She loved the SC because of the painted roof moldings but didn't want the carpet or ground effects.

I want to purchase the plastic roof moldings in polished metal metalic or purchase them in whatever color and have them painted. Anyone else done this?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have seen pics of an EX here on the forums that had theirs painted. I believe they are the exact same moldings, just painted. If you were to order them from the dealer, you would pay thru the nose. I would recommend going to a body shop to see what they would charge to paint your existing moldings. I am considering this myself. One advantage to painting yours now is that since it's a 2010, the paint should match very well. It hasn't had time to fade yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the materials used for the black plastics and the painted versions on the SC are two very different materials; like the fender flares on a Jeep rubicon vs. Jeep Siera.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've never seen an SC first hand so I'm not sure if they're the same or not. You might try to go through a salvage yard and have them run the SC trim pieces on the locator system.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The sc roof moldings are not the same. They have a lower contour than the unpainted ones. As for material differences I am not sure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Black textured

The trim on non-SC Es are black textured plastic and the SC ones are smooth. I had my grill surround (that was textured black plastic) painted by a Friend of mine. He said he used some special thick primer, no big deal. He scanned my E's paint and now it's a perfect TRP match.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts