Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in Seattle area or Lynnwood. I'm willing to trade my new 1 week old Ksport suspension for your O & M stocks suspension plus a $100 (thats to get my car align again).

I don't know how we can do this, but giving it a try. The Ksport is doing exactly what it suppose to do, but I figure Honda Element isn't the right car to lower. If you don't care like I did, this is the best suspension to lower your car.

It can actually go much lower then the pictures I have here. About another 2".

I don't like negative camber. With the spec camber and this low, it's doesn't even look that low, but it will rub the back tires.

The gas protected bar is way too low and scrape everything in the city.

I'm just tire of it, and lift my car up. Right now it's good, but I would like to be back to stock. So if anyone in the area who is interest in trading plus that $100. Let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
:shock: i would so do this, but why? you need to take it to a pro shop and have them look at it, you can also change the tire size for better ride, but if you still interested in trade, I have the OE from an 03 and will trade for it. I'm not in Seattle, but I can pay for both shipment cost, let me know.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Agreed with above^^^^ Get the correct tire size and it for one WILL ride better, it will fill in the fender wells more, and you can also raise up the ksports to near stock levels, don't do it, you will regret it!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
i would do this to i am in humboldt right now. i would be possibly willing to drive up to get then changed out and stuff but but it is a 10 hour drive, would rather meet like in portland or something if possible. to my knowledge though cant you ride these things a stock height, just adjust them. let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you guys are right. I'm just so frustrated with it. I would really trade this, if it's easy.

I did raised the car to maximum height, but it's not back to normal height yet.

But I guess I keep it for a little while and see how it goes.

For the wheel size, yes the tires in the picture are actually smaller then stocks. They're 225/35/20 about -1.65 less in overall heights.

I'v tried using the stocks and it's almost the same. The rear rubbing even worse, and still scrape like hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You always have rubbing to take care of when slamming a vehicle that low, I reccomend put the stock rim/tires back on for a bit, take some pics for us so we can give you suggestions of how to cure the rubbing. I personally would raise it up about a 1/2" to 1" also, thats just me.

Just a little peice of my history: Every 2wd vehicle I have owned has been lowered, my camaro is still the lowest, the subframe connectors sit 2" from the ground, its low, I learned real quick how to drive, I can take the camaro anywhere in ohio, I never scrape.

You will learn to drive all over again, you will remember all your local roads, where every bump, pot hole, crack, and dip in the road is.

Good luck, we are here to help.

Oh yeah, get the 245/40 size on, discounttires.com is right by you and they have general uhp's for $123 each.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want, I'd drive from here in Southern California to wherever you are. Let me know, I'm ready to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took some of you guys advice and order some new tires and give this another try.

Thanks for your advice, and sorry for all people who replied interest in the trade.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Warlock, I've been to Seattle before, with the rain like almost everyday :| 20's are not cost effective tire to use, i would suggest going 18 with 235 55 would be awesome ride. just my2cent.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd make that drive in a heartbeat.
ILL RACE U THERE!! =p

FIRST ONE THERE GET'S EM HAHA!

hey goodluck with your decision man. thats one hell of a deal if you let them go. but your tire deal u have should fix the problem and then just adjust the ksports to your liking. i guess the mean streets of seattle arent suggested for slammed cars i guess?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hmmm. I'm gonna be in Seattle for a few days before I go to the P.I. in a few weeks. I'm very tempted to bring my suspension over with me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would love to trade for some coil overs but also living in Portland I don't think it is really recommended for all the adventures you can go on out here in the NW. I run 235/55/18 tires and handles great. 20s just didn't seem practical out here. If I lived in Cali then that is a whole other story! if you do go with 18s make sure the offset is not too far out so you can lower it at times. My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmmm. I'm gonna be in Seattle for a few days before I go to the P.I. in a few weeks. I'm very tempted to bring my suspension over with me.
I believed his not doing the trade anymore, changed his mind to keep it, he’s looking into going higher profile tire to give it a try. Hey Mike! Have fun back in P.I. I heard lot’s of nice and cool places outside the city.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 04' just got my K sport installed and my fender sits 2 fingers above the tires. I have no rubbing issue whatsoever. Few things you need to look into is offset of your rims. Tire width and find out where it's rubbing. Regarding the guard rubbing you just have to raise the car enough to work with your streets. I am in Dallas and the roads are pretty smooth so I can get away for less than 12" off the ground.

DaRKCrow

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Kenmore, but grew up in Lynnwood. Might actually be moving back there in a few months but I'm close anyway... I'm skilled with wrenches for a weekend swap. If you decide to get rid of them I'm VERY interested.

when you put the stock tires/wheels back on and raise the coilovers all the way up, is clearance almost the same as stock? Something I'm hoping to have the option of for winter months and for going camping

1 - 19 of 19 Posts