Honda Element Owners Club banner

Traded HUMMER H2 for Element first impressions

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  sureshotbulldogs 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I am new here but found the forum a big help in making my purchase.
I traded my 2006 Hummer H2 in for a 2010 Polished Metal EX 4 WD auto.
So far first impressions are mixed but liking the car more each day.
What I miss about the hummer is the air ride seats and climate control.
What i dont miss about the hummer
payment
MPG
and looking for parking spots.
Also I would like to see more aftermarket parts for the honda.
Again liking the car more and more each day.

#2 ·
Welcome!

Lots of great info about your new E here, enjoy the journey and there are many ready to help with what you want to do.

I don't think you'll find as much aftermarket support but you will find a ton of DIY here. If you're willing to get your hands involved, the E is a blank slate ready to be many things.

#5 ·
I've always had a hard time between the utility of driving a truck and the mpg and fun of driving a smaller car. So far I find the Element to be a good mix of everything. With a trailer hitch and a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer, I have been able to do just about everything I would do with my pick up and it only cost me about $500 for the whole set up. I've been getting about 20-21 mpg average since I've been keeping track with Fuelly.com, which is about 6 mpg better than my Silverado. Lately however I've only been seeing about 18-19 mpg and my guess is all the pumps say 10% ethanol, plus I'm sure they have started filling the stations with the great winter blend gas we get up here in the north. Even at 18-19mpg around town...that is about the best I could do on the highway with the Silverado. Like you I felt like I gave some things up, but more and more the Element impresses and surprises me with what it can do and how cheap it is to run.

#7 ·
Thanks All

Thanks for the links it was just what I was looking for on parts.
BTW my H2 got 9-12 MPG not sure what the element gets yet actual.
Here is my list of upgrades in order.
1. wheels and oversize tires.
(what is the largest tire with 16 inch rim and 3 inch lift kit)
2. Either air suspension kit or 3 inch lift kit.
3. Foglights maybe stock not sure.
4. Cold air intake
5. Cat back exhaust.
6. Table legs.
7. Tent or camper.
8. Speakers and Radio upgrade.
( what are the current speaker specs and dimensions.)
9. Garmin or iPad for Navigation. This might be moved to first upgrade.
10. Digital instrument panel.
11. HID 6500k lights ( had them on the hummer)
Any other suggestions or thoughts is appreciated.
Thanks

#8 ·
Hygieneboy,
You have two things going for you when it comes to mpg. You are 2wd which will gain you about 10% better fuel economy over a 4wd, and you are in Florida, which I'm pretty sure they don't use a special winter blended gas like they do up here. Winter gas is blended to not freeze...the additives are do not burn...therefore, they just take up space and ruin your gas mileage. And actually a 3rd thing...when the car starts and is cold it runs rich for a little while until it is properly warmed up and can run properly with a leaner mixture...in colder weather it runs longer in the overly rich setting which on short trips also kills mpg.

#9 ·
Welcome to the asylum, your color-matched strait jacket will be delivered shortly. Don't mind the other inmates, they can tend to nip and growl on occasion but rest assured they're all up to date on their shots. Now drink deeply of the complimentary Kool-Aid (tm) until your pre-Element life is nothing but a foggy dream. :grin:

BTW you should get yourself one of those "Hummer Escape Pod" stickers :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.