Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello!
i just recently posted in the 2009 forum about my regretting purchasing a new CRV and wanted to trade up for an E. I sw this forum and thought this would be a perfect place to ask. What if i do decide to do this? I know my car will not be worth like it was 3 weeks ago. What happens to my current contract? my financing? I put down 3K on the CRV, where does that go? I am most concerned about this stuff, rather than what I can expect the car to be worth, i know i am taking a loss, but i would rather be happy driving what I WANT rather than what i THOUGHT i wanted.

Thanks.

-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
All we can do is guess. Best thing to do would be check with your dealer - and see what they say. How long have you had the CRV? I have a friend who bought one model Lexus,didn't like it, and then traded it back to the same dealer for a different model, with very little loss (few hundred $$) - but that trade was done within just a few weeks of making the original purchase, and with a local Dallas dealer known for its great customer service. Some Dealers have a 30 day after purchase window they will use, and take back a new car, as long as your going for another model with them - with just a vehicle cleaning & paperwork fee.
You'd be trading back in something they can move pretty quickly, and taking a slower mover, which may help. Any "equity" in the CRV they decide on (like your downpayment) would roll over to the purchase of the E - depending on how much they want to depreciate the CRV coming back in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Why don't you just go back to your dealer & discuss with them on the options?
What ever value you are losing will only continue get worst the longer you wait, if your heart is already set on the E.
If you don't like the offer, you could always walk out of it, & look for another option.
Let us know how it goes.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top