Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
You are correct. The photos made hooking up the harness easier. The only work was removing the passenger side panel. I wish that Honda had made an access door to the wiring connectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had no problems pulling my fishing boat or 4x6 trailer.

You still need to get the wiring harness from the car to the trailer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my hidden hitch for about $150 canadian. The harness that plugs into the Element harness is another $45 canadian. Its just a matter of bolting on the hitch (took me about 15 min) and pull back the panel..about an hour by the time you route the wires. Job cost $195 canadian...beats the $750 honda wanted!

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:b301da8b09="pookSter"]I bought my hidden hitch for about $150 canadian. The harness that plugs into the Element harness is another $45 canadian. Its just a matter of bolting on the hitch (took me about 15 min) and pull back the panel..about an hour by the time you route the wires. Job cost $195 canadian...beats the $750 honda wanted![/quote:b301da8b09]

Where did you get the harness? Was it a honda specific part or a generic?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't purchased an E yet, but I'm totally interested. The only thing is I have a 5X10 trailer that I tow and need enough power to pull it. The specs on the Element say that it only has a 1500lb towing capacity. My trailer weighs about 800lbs and fully loaded with gear about 1500 to 1700 lbs.
I don't think it would be a problem on the flats, but sometimes I take it on cross country trips that requires climbing some hills. If I have the trailer loaded and 4 people in the car, am I going to have a problem getting up the hills? Will I be going like 40mph max up the hills with the pedal peged to the floor? Anyone out there towing anything with there E? What experience have you had? Thanks.............really appreciate your advice

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get my e tomorrow, and have some of the same towing concerns, but am prepared for the disappointment. I tow my current boat on a Class 2 hitch, it probably weighs 2500 lbs total, although the tounge weight is nil. My dealer, a fellow boat-owner who drove one for 3 months (and a long-time friend -- he's picked out my last two vehicles for me, but that's another story) says it will tow it, just be careful not to overwork the e.

Honda doesn't offer an oil cooler for the e, but there is probably one available aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts