Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been doing a little research on this and I keep finding different results. I'm interested in attaching a trailer and towing a motorcycle but a friend of mine was telling me that would be too much weight for the E to pull. I'm assuming the trailer is about 5 to 600 pounds and the motorcycle itself is probably a good 850 to 900 pounds (roughly). I've seen a few post where people have trailers but i haven't read anything about the actual performance of towing. Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
you'll be fine.......I tow well over 1300lbs all the time & except for a slight decrease in fuel mileage, I have never had an issue going or more importantly stopping...I barely feel it back there....FYI I have the hidden hitch brand hitch with a 2" drop ball from Reese, & I tow a 5x10 snowbear utility trailer with all sorts of crap on it from cut up cars to bikes to lawn tractors to rubbish for the dump..........good luck, Pat

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I tow various things regularly and can tell you that the E does great at towing. A trailer to tow a motorcycle isn't that heavy and even if your bike is 1000 pounds you will be okay.

Look into electric brakes just for the added safety and to reduce the wear on the E's brakes.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I towed a Waverunner (that was always full of fuel or soping wet) with my 04 with no problems and that includes getting it in and out of the boat ramp. i havent put a hitch on my SC yet cause i can see springing for the expensive factory one and i dont want to cut my rear bumper, but when i do i will be doing whta you are thinking about right now. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the information guys. It's really helpful.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have a small but beefy (heavy) utility trailer. I've towed big, medium, and small bikes w/o any problem. I took a broken down Valkarie from Lake George NY to South Jersey....only got about 2mpg less than on the way up. It drove, handled, and stopped fine. (even if the extra weight was noticeable, it wasn't a "problem.")

Good luck.

Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts