Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bought a 2 wheel dolly so i can tow my car behind the element to the autox events that i go to...my problem is that the trailer wiring has a round style plug and all the wiring kits i find are the 4or5 (cant remember how many) pin flat type....where can i buy a round one? thanks for any info...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
What kind of car are you towing that's light enough to be even reasonably over the Element's towing capacity?

Other than that, I'd say check Mills Fleet Farm/Blains Farm & Fleet/Menards or your local large hardware store. I know all of the above carry adapters from 4 flat to round/RV style. If you want to order online, check Etrailer: http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Wiring-sf-Wiring_Adapters.aspx

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If you combination is below 1500 LBS it should work. The best thing is if the dolley is yours is to put a 4 pin connector along side of the round one if you use it on another vehicle that has the round connector. Also at 1500 LBS they require aux brakes on the trailer. It will work without them but make stopping more difficult.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link to etrailer....i found what i needed... being that i am only actually towing 2 wheels of the car on the dolly and the rest is dragging behind it and not towing on a trailer i am not worried about the weight...and it does have brakes on my dolly which i plan to utilize. but the car is a MR2 turbo which weighs around 2600 lbs...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts