Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what grade bolt & thread size honda uses? I'm going to helicoil and get a new bolt so I can put the mount back on.

White Product Motor vehicle Mode of transport Font

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD
39 Posts
I don't know the answer, but it seems since you are going to helicoil it, you could do whatever suits you. Honestly, I doubt it is too critical given the two other studs holding it on. I just did my transmission mount, and I seem to recall that bolt was similar to #20 in the pic above. I think the only difference may have been length or one had a shoulder. You could pull #20 to determine the thread size. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!); 2008 LX FWD AT
1,755 Posts
It is a 12 mm x 35 mm bolt. The only question is whether it is fine or coarse threads. I suggest buying a bolt from Honda or from a salvage yard; then determine the thread pitch to determine the insert you need.

·
Registered
593 Posts
IIRC, M12x1.25

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response guys. I went around everywhere and could not find any 12mm heilcoil kit in my area so I had to order it from amazon. I also went on ahead and bought a new bolt at a hardware store.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is a 12 mm x 35 mm bolt. The only question is whether it is fine or coarse threads. I suggest buying a bolt from Honda or from a salvage yard; then determine the thread pitch to determine the insert you need.
i had to replace one of the bolts and went to the hardware store, they told me it was fine threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts