Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new auto EX with 60 miles on it. I notice that when it dtops into overdrive, there's a pronounced whine under load (i.e. with the engine pushing rather than coasting) at around 38 through 48 mph. I don;t think the demonstrator did this.

Anyone else notice it? It's on eof those things that's annoying enough to bug me, but probably not enough to bug a service guy...

Thanks all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dropped into teh dealer and re-test drove a DX, which had no noise. The dealer suggested waiting til the car had done 1000 miles and then taking it into service if it's still whining...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's definitley the transmission and not me that's whining, by the way. This is proving to be the best car decision I've made to-date.

Still whining -- sounds like what in the old days we might have called the final drive. First I thought it was my ears..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I thought I'd wait a bit anyway and see what else falls off etc. since I usually break out in a rash after visiting a dealer -- get it all done at once.

It's certainly annoying, though not loud -- the sort of sound you have in your ears as you leave a rock concert! Sadly, I don;t think there will be anything they can do about it -- I'm sure teh transmission is 'within tolerance', and it doesn;t impact safety or performance.

So far, the rest of the car is solid as a rock -- everything works at least as well as you'd expect it to. No bumps, rattles, leaks, or 'why did they do that's. This car, and my IBM lpatop, I am happy with -- almost all my other stuff disappoints...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.