Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I just finished our first major road trip in the E. We left our home in Nova Scotia Thursday Sept. 18 and drove down through Maine to Milford, on to the Pats Game on Sunday and then Back home on the 23rd. On our trip we stayed in Bangor, Milford, and a few other places. Stopped in Kittery to do some shopping. On our trip I kept track of all of the Es that I saw and/or tagged. Most of our sightings were n the I95. We travelled 2645.6 km round trip. Here is the list so if you own one and were in the area, I saw you. it is hard to give exact locations of all b/c we were traveling.
I tagged only 3 Es- 1(I think it was orange) in Bangor, 1 Rally red in Kittery as well as 1 Kiwi in Kittery. I say on the I95 2 Green, 2 Red, 1 Silver/Blue, 6 Blue 2 Red SC, 7 Grey ( +1 at the Pats game in the parking lot), 3 Black, 2 Kaki, 3 Orange in Kittery, 1 Grey SC, 1 Olive. I took lots of pictures, and then broke my phone and they are all lost, which I am heart broken over. Unfortunately my Pats got their butts handed to them but it still a great day. Stopped in Old Town to see the Canoes and visitors center( which I thought would be more) and had a great trip. Hope to come back soon and maybe get in on a meet.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
interesting.... i did a travel on my E back in March from Toronto to New York City then Philidelphia, but did not see that many E's.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Glad to hear the trip went well. We have to hook up soon. I have a few new toys in the mail for the E, and I may need some assistance. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am heading to Halifax this summer , Sambro to be exact , any construction on the roads between Quebec and Nova Scotia that are causing jams ?:)

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
First road trip done with my E , besides transporting it home from Florida ... got to love the powers that be in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia , either they buy safer cars , build safer roads or have drivers trained at a superior skill level , because they are allowed to drive 110 K/H on the highways. In Ontario , that would cause a time continuum hic-cup and dogs and cats would suddenly live happily together , LOL ... Sambro was nice , weather co-operated one day to visit Crystal Crescent Beach , water was chilly but the company was good. did not get to the tall ships , a bit touristy and we had walked the boardwalk before and had ' cows ' ice cream... I set the cruise at 80 MPH and had no issues , even had lunch in Truro , swiss chalet , a friend has a carpet storage / mill there , a nice quiet town... saw a few Es on the road , enjoy the summer :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
with all those mountains , just craziness , it is a wonder they manage to keep the Province populated with all the terrible accidents they must experience at that speed....... ;-)

Down London Ont way , the two lane byways are 90 K/H but this is experimental , I love it when the Government treats us like mice in the Lab ...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Ex-Hwy 2 has been 90km/h west of London for a while......

Oh wellz, I couldnt blame the govt for putting the speeds so slow.... if I was a driving instructor I would have disqualified MANY MANY people!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, rule of thumb is to go at least 120km/h on that highway. You'll never get pulled over going 120 in a 110. It cuts a good chunk of time off a long drive. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts