Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have been looking for these, and I noticed that there are several sets of liners on eBay that are supposedly OEM. Not cheap thought!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found the same on Ebay, then looked around a little until I found the seller's website. There's a lot more info at the site, as well as a few design and color options.

http://honda.murdockindustrial.com/

Still debating over whether to get them or not.

Anybody pick some of these up? If so, how about posting your opinion as well as some pictures.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered a set this week and expect delivery next Tuesday. Purchased the 'gray steel' color option for my SSM Element.

Yes, it is kinda pricey, but I liked the idea that they are machine cut and not just trimmed by hand (as in 'do-it-yourself').

I'll try to post pics of the liners when they arrive.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just ordered a set of the "black steel" pattern. I think this design will look cool and industrial. Yes, they are a bit costly, but I like them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Received my "black steel" liners yesterday. They are really cool. A bit pricey but the black steel designs give the inside of the E a "truck like look". Glad I got them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just received my set of the standard black liners from Murdock Industrial and they are great. I agree that they are a bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. Looking at them you'd guess that they were OEM. I contacted Tony at Murdock directly to buy and he was terrific to work with; a very positive experience. By the way , he mentioned that they are now working on a rear cargo area carpet pad that should be available soon. He promised to advise me when they are ready for sale and I'll pass along this info upon receipt. 8)

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:fbb5c0720d="denru"]I contacted Tony at Murdock directly to buy and he was terrific to work with; a very positive experience. By the way , he mentioned that they are now working on a rear cargo area carpet pad that should be available soon. He promised to advise me when they are ready for sale and I'll pass along this info upon receipt. 8)[/quote:fbb5c0720d]

I would like to see him come up with a sheet of this material that could attach (velcro or whatever) to the inside portion of the tailgate to cover unsightly scratches etc. Check the photo on this thread. It is just what I am talking about: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1282

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:020eb85c19="mborkow"]why are they "well worth it?" what is it that they add? they seem a bit pricey...[/quote:020eb85c19]

I got the Black Steel versions and they make the inside of the E a bit more "rugged" looking and finshed looking. Also, of course, it stops stuff from sliding around. Other than that, they don't really do anything. To me they were worth it.

Originally I used medium, rubberized, blue shelf liners cut to fit. The stopped stuff from sliding around but looked a bit "silly".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Measuring value can be very subjective and therefore different for every individual. That said, I see value in function and appearance that makes up for the cost and that equals value to me. If you only look at price then remember that you always will get your money's worth, whether you like it or not. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered a set of diamond black tray pads from Tony at Murdock -- very efficient and professional transaction thus far... think these will dress up the interior in a subtle way and help with coffee spills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts