Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hitting the ropes with an expert tree climber to go tree-top camping this weekend. We'll be sleeping in hammocks in the middle of the forrest at night and climbing during the day. Expect pictures and a detailed report early next week.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm hitting the ropes with an expert tree climber to go tree-top camping this weekend. We'll be sleeping in hammocks in the middle of the forrest at night and climbing during the day. Expect pictures and a detailed report early next week.
I'm guessing there's not too much 'getting up in the middle of the night to potty' going on there

Definitely need pictures -

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Have a great time, Bassmangtk! And don't forgot you're way up there and roll out of bed. ;-)

Don't forget. Pictures Pictures Pictures!

I'm guessing there's not too much 'getting up in the middle of the night to potty' going on there

Definitely need pictures -
Hey just think, when you need to go "water the tree", you won't need to go anywhere. You're already there! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
We want photos!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I climb for work. Let us know how it goes. I'm interested in doing it for recreation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pictures are finally up on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gtkurtz.

Had an absolute blast. We made a couple practice climbs on "tame" trees in a relative's back yard and then headed out to Uwharrie National Forrest and set up camp about 60 feet up a beautiful white oak. The next morning after packing out and making breakfast we hit another oak in the park to practice some more advanced techniques that I'd learned the previous day. We then went back to the tame trees to do one more lesson before I drove home.

All in all - 2 blisters, numerous scrapes, several bruises, many bug bites, 4 ticks, 2 hammocks, lots of rope, about 250 feet of climbing broken up into 6 climbs on 3 trees, and one heck of a good time had by all.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Very cool but, I didn't see any zip lines! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts