Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Element. A couple of years ago I bought a radio from an '05 and installed it. I did this to add MP3 and XM capabilities to my car. Before this I had an XM radio mounted on a nice bracket next to the radio. I put a small hole w a rubber grommet in the trim piece around the radio to run the antenna and power wires through. When I got the '05 radio I got a new trim piece. I did not notice the slight difference, till I got it home and installed it.
Like my new radio, the old one did not sit flush. No problem, I altered the radio brackets slightly and got it to sit flush.

Well, two years later I finally got a proper radio and decided I wanted to get the correct trim piece. I found and old pic of the dash on MSN autos and saw that the '03 did not have that little ledge along the bottom. I went to my local dealer and he took the VIN number and ordered the part. I got it in today only to find that it is tapered towards the bottom and it will not fit around the radio. As I am writing this, I am wondering if there is a different one for single din radios with a pocket and thats the trim piece I got. Any advice or knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a 2003 Element they managed to leave alone, maybe you can look and see if yours is tapered or not. The pic from MSN autos does not look tapered, but its a small pic.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
The trim piece you got is the wrong one for sure. Even though the dealer got
your VIN number, he still screwed up. Sad. The part number for the the trim
piece for your E is this: 77256-SCV-A01ZA

The part number for the EX is this: 77255-SCV-A01ZA

These are for the 03 Elements.

Hope this answers your questions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very helpful actually. Looking at my receipt, I can see that I got the 77255-SCV-A01ZA, which is for the EX. I'll have to stop back to the dealer and get these swapped out. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
dammit THATS why my aftermarket trim ring doens't fit right.. i guess it was made for the old style without that lip... now i have to play the ordering game and try to get one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.