Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'09 EX Auto
Just finished a 665 mile round trip through upstate NY and eastern MA.
Lots of up and down. Some of the up and downs quite long (western end of Mass Pike and eastern end of I88.)
Used cruise set at 72mph (per GPS) as almost all of it was interstate highway.
Burned 25.495 gallons of gas.
Mileage works out to 26.1 mpg average for the trip, almost as good as the '08 CR-V we have which will get one or two more mpg for the same trip.
Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very respectable gas mileage for such a roomy and spacious truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! So far, my MT E has consumed 3 tanks of gas, and I have gotten 20, 22, and 24 mpg. I didn't even really know how to drive a stick 4 weeks ago either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice!

Isn't that great!

My toaster has 2K miles on it now, and is settling down with the gas. Last trip was through Maine, Mass, NH & RI, 65-72mph on cruise, a few nicely-powered traffic merges, a little town traffic, some 40mph lazy country roads. 27mpg! Yay! If I stick to 65mph, it will be higher.

I told someone at work, who had asked about mpgs before the E settled. Pause, then, ''so you're happy with that?" I said, "Jeez, yeah, it's great for a box on wheels!" My old Outback wagon got that, and I'm sure her Forester gets around that. My dh's work Pacifica gets 21mpg. In a perfect world I'd like 40mpg, but while I wait for that world, this Element is the best for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gas mileage

I 've had my '09 E for 2 months, 3000 miles, and my overall mpg is 24.6. I do mainly hwy driving (55-60) and my last two tanks have been over 26 mpg. My 1st tank was 20, then 21, 22 etc. after it settled out at around 23, I did my engine mods to see if they help as they did in the past, well they did. I use a K&N air filter (33-2343) & Mobil1 oil to aid in the engines efficiency, so that added 1-2 mpg I figure.

2009 PMM 4wd EX NAV * AVS Bug Deflector * WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors * Side Steps

·
Registered
13 Posts
mpg

On a recent round trip between Albuquerque and Denver I got 27 mpg with the cruise set around 78-79 mph. Getting 22-24 mpg in town.

·
Registered
357 Posts
the 07 has the same drivetrain as the 09.

I can tell you after 2 years I'm averaging about 23-24mpg combined.

I drive 350/week for my work commute and it is about 60% highway and 40% city driving.

I chart nearly every tankfull and I've never seen below 23 combined.

It's good and it stay that way.

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow, so jelous of the trip. Im saving up to have one late this year too. can you post up some pics perhaps? :D

btw Mr Tyre, I have the same K&N also and love it, I could not find a good deal on ebay so I found a discount coupon here: K&N 33-2343, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts