Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a nearly 2,000 mile round trip and thought I'd share a few details.
I drove from southeast Missouri to Orlando for nine days of Disney (Including Star Wars Weekend). The trip was 950 miles each way and the E performed great. Although I divided the journey there into two days, I did drive non-stop straight back. It took me 14.75 hours to cover those same 950 miles. I averaged almost 64 MPH including stop times. I had my lady and a nine year old so I was very pleased with the overall time. We left Orlando at 5:15 AM (EST) and made it to my driveway at 7:00pm (CST).

The gas mileage for the eight tanks was; 24.8, 25.6, 23.0, 23.1, 21.5, 21.0, 21.0, 21.3. Not great but you can tell I was in a bit more of hurry on the way back.

Also...
Instead of counting VW Bugs on the journey we looked out for and counted E's. We saw 36 E's on the way there and counted 26 on the way back. Six of those that we saw on the way to Florida were stopped on the highway in a huge traffic jam waiting to get in to the Bonaroo music festival in Manchester, TN. It was great counting off six of them in about a two mile span. You know the E is the perfect vehicle for the new age hippie/music afficiando.
I don't think my passengers were as vigilant in their counting on the return trip. I was locked in on the drive home and was unable to let my eyes wonder as much.
BTW - I would guess the XB to E ratio I observed was AT LEAST 2 to 1.:x

Below are a few photos I took at the resort as well as one of me at the Florida welcome center. We just had to stop for the thimble full of FREE OJ.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and looking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Man sounds like a great trip!!! looks like you made good timing, and love the pics too :D

one question what % window tint do you have? and did you tint all the windows too?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ah DIsney...I am thoroughly looking forward to taking my 3 girls there some day. Would now if not for money being too tight...that's not a cheap destination.

Thanks for the write up and pics. My 3 year old has an eagle eye when it comes to picking out other E's. Sounds like you had a great trip. More pics if you're inclined...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Ah DIsney...I am thoroughly looking forward to taking my 3 girls there some day. Would now if not for money being too tight...that's not a cheap destination.
A cheaper alternative and almost as good is the original Disneyland. We went there a few years ago when Southwest had a "Kids Fly Free" special and booked a motel right across the street. We spent three days there and it was an experience we will never forget. At the time Disneyland was ~50 years old but everything looked like it was built just the day before. Now over the years we have been to other amusement parks and have gotten used to paint worn off of handrails and bits of trash on the walkways but you will not see that at Disneyland.

Of course you may get sick of seeing Mickey, Pluto and Donald everywhere you go but you will most certainly meet some nice people from California as this is where most California families take their kids.

Oh, one last thing, while we were at Disneyland I saw a Mickey Mouse polo shirt I wanted but decided to look for it later at the new Disney Store in our local mall. When we returned I was shocked to find the exact same shirt was cheaper at Disneyland!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trip Review - Update

Hey there.
Thanks again for looking at the pics and commenting.
It was a great family trip and two days of Star Wars Weekend stuff made it even better.
I'll post a few more pics later tonight of our time at the park.
I even have a good picture of me with Kit Fisto.
We took over 1,000 pictures, shot 5 hours of video and we had Disney shoot 225 pictures via their Photo Pass service.
If you have never used the Photo Pass I highly recommned it.

My lady spent the better part of 3 months planning out each day.
There is a certain amount of science that goes into the planning and taking full advantage of Disney magic hours and Fast Pass services.
We were at the park every day prior to the countdown to open the park.
(It's also refered to as Rope Drop or RD for short.)
I knew in April which park we would be going to each day and where dinner was.
In order to get the good meal spots you really need to reserve early.
Although it was very much fun it was not one of those relaxing beach type vacations.
Me and the little one also celebrated our birthday's during the week and for that Disney provided each of us with a gift card (approx. $70 each) to spend at any Disney store or service. Not a bad deal.

07 RBM - I only tinted the front two windows (20%), the rest are stock. 35% is the legal tint % in Missouri for the front windows. I'm a little on the dark side, but I have never been stopped.

Thanks again and I'll post some more later.

ultraill

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey that's my shirt!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elementbryon - I take it you're a Star Wars fan as well? Maybe it has something to do with the ole phrase, great minds think alike.
Hey, we already own the same kind of vehicle.

In the photo I was on my way to Orlando in preparation for the Star Wars weekend at Hollywood Studios.
It was a great couple of days.
Below are a few shots of me with my favorites characters
I also have some great pictures of the little one, but the lady is not to keen with me posting him on the Interwebs for all the world to see?
He was luckily selected to participate in a Jedi Training class. After learning a few moves each student got to battle Darth Vadar one on one.
He LOVED it!
I made a sign for him to hold up as they begin picking in better hopes of getting selected.
It worked. The Jedi trainer actual read the sign prior to picking him.
The sign said, "Pick me or I'll throw a FISTO!"
Anyhow....
It was a great time. It was hot, but if you like all things Star Wars this is a great event.

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's cool! I'm a Star Wars fan as well. I did not know the had that down in Florida! (I don't get out much) lol Is it an all year thing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last two weekends in May and the first two weekends in June, Disney's Hollywood Studio hosts the Star Wars event. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday the theme park is filled with characters, a great parade, special events and even a few actors. I finally convinced mom to let me show and share a few pictures of me and the little one. Our "perma-smiles" lasted a few days.:D

1st day - We're about to enter the park holding our invisible light sabers

Here is the little one dueling Darth Vadar in a Jedi training class. There are literally hundreds of young kids trying to get picked at each class. I made a sign for him to hold in hopes of being noticed and getting picked. It worked. He was selected on the first try. The sign said; “Pick me or I’ll throw a FISTO!” The "Jedi" picking the kids even read the sign. You can imagine how happy he was following this event. Actually getting to battle Darth Freakin’ Vader!!!! WOW!! The little one also took back the comment he made to me about the sign being stupid.

We got to meet Jay Laga’aia. He was Queen Amadalla’s security guard in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. His character was Captain Typho. He was very nice and accommodating.

Our favorite bounty hunter – Boba Fett. The little one got special treatment due to the custom made Boba Fett t-shirt. Mom made a couple shirts for both of us and they were very helpful throughout the weekend.

This is probably THE picture of the weekend! It was very hard to get a picture of just one of the Cantina Band members let alone all of them. They walked around very quickly, hardly ever stopping and you needed to be a bit forceful to even get a pic. On this day we caught them coming out of their dressing room together. The little one happened to have his Disney birthday pin on and, although it’s hard to tell he has a Cantina Band member (Figurin Dan) on his t-shirt. The band stayed for a few moments for numerous pictures and they gave hugs and shook hands. It was GREAT!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
AWESOME pictures!!!

Amazing how you went from stupid dad making me hold up this stupid sign,
to OMG, my dad is a GENIUS, and the best dad in the world!!! I would do
a LOT more than just hold a sign up to get to dual Darth Vader with a light
saber!!!

I bet your perma smile is still there!! Great vacation!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great pics, good info. I like the idea of counting Es on the road during a road trip. My wife and I are driving down to Miami from NYC in August, we'll be sure to count Es as a pastime! I'll post the results...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts