Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I got back last Tuesday from a memorable trip to Indianapolis to watch the Indy 500 2010 race. I would have posted these pictures sooner but it took me a while to get settled back down and catch up on things.

What an incredible experience!!! I heartily thank Dom and Patty for giving me the experience of a lifetime! The track was amazing and more awesome than anything I had imagined prior to going there. It was simply breathtaking.

The following posts contains some pictures I took while I was out there. We visited the track twice prior to race day and got a chance to see the garage area where they were working on the cars. We also got a chance to see some of the older cars on display and browsed through the fanfest area.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted some of these before in this thread. I wanted to repost them here to consolidate all of my pictures.

IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0711.JPG

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
872 Posts
I cant beleave you realy posted those pics hear on a honda site for me to see, you sure know how to make a grown man cry.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RACE DAY PIX!

Here are pictures of the event. I do not have that much because once the race started, I was completely engrossed in it.

These first set shows how big the raceway is. It completely blew away whatever idea I had in my mind as to how big the place it. Just amazing!

-

Turn One and going into Turn Two and everything in between unzoomed to show the enourmous scale of the place
IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0744.JPG

Everything in between zoomed to 4.0x
IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0746.JPG

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
That first one is of A.J Foyt Having lunch with some of the other older drivers. It was fun to get into the area that your not allowed to go into.

The Garage area is mostly closed to the public. Being in there to see them tuning the cars with a computer is fun. Just the sound of a 750 H.P. Honda engine is amazing. Then to see that it has a muffler on the headers is astounding. I had to laugh when you were looking at the pit stop practice. It takes less than 3 seconds to change all 4 tires.

So glad you were able to join us for this trip.

I see you gained a few pounds ! LOL

So did I !

Dom

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Singing of "America the Beautiful" and our anthem. Jewel sang the anthem. And I got a cool shot of the flyby overhead! SAWEEEET!

IMG_0752.JPG IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0758.JPG

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That first one is of A.J Foyt Having lunch with some of the other older drivers. It was fun to get into the area that your not allowed to go into.

The Garage area is mostly closed to the public. Being in there to see them tuning the cars with a computer is fun. Just the sound of a 750 H.P. Honda engine is amazing. Then to see that it has a muffler on the headers is astounding. I had to laugh when you were looking at the pit stop practice. It takes less than 3 seconds to change all 4 tires.

So glad you were able to join us for this trip.

I see you gained a few pounds ! LOL

So did I !

Dom
LOL

Thanks again, Dom, and thanks to Patty for the experience and for putting up with me for the trip! I didn't think you could.

I also want to thank your family too for their generous hospitality and welcoming me into their home. :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant beleave you realy posted those pics hear on a honda site for me to see, you sure know how to make a grown man cry.
You should've come and met with us! :grin:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I dig the cloud graphic on your back window:lol:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
would have loved hooking up with you all but we didn't get to our parking lot until just before 10 am and by the time we made it through the gate and found our seats it was time for the festivities. We were easily 3/4 a mile from you guys. Sitting across from Tony Kanaan and Takumo Sato's pit. Pretty exciting when Sato hit his wheel into pit lane. I will get my pictures posted soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts