Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Element has trouble starting on the first try.

When I first try to start it the engine will turn over a few times then stops like the battery is dead. Then if I wait 5 minutes and try to start it, it starts right up.

I replaced the battery and it's still doing the same thing.

Help please...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week. Car wouldn't start on the first try, wait a couple minutes, try again and it would start, but start really slow. Ended up being the starter. It got to the point where it wouldn't even try to turn over. Have someone check out your starter.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had the same problem two months ago in my 03 Element. At first, I thought it was the alternator not charging the battery.

Had that replaced, just to find out a week later it was the starter all along.

And it's an expensive starter

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
It just happened to me too!

Had the same problem two months ago in my 03 Element. At first, I thought it was the alternator not charging the battery.

Had that replaced, just to find out a week later it was the starter all along.

And it's an expensive starter
I had the same problem starting my 03 'E' Oct 1st. Took it in and the battery checked good and we couldn't get it to repeat the problem. Move forward to Nov.11, same issue. I called the Dealer and he said it's the starter. They had two options on the starter both way too expensive between $700.00 & $900.00 installed. I went to my local mechanic friend and had it replaced for $450.00. I still thought that was too much but it had to be done.

Looks like if you have a 2003-2004 'E' it's just a matter of time and you'll be part of the Starter Club. :shock:
If anyone in So. Calif. has this problem let me know and I'll give you their number.

Jerry/SCA

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 03 element started doing the same thing 3 days ago.... even with a jump start, it wouldnt start... it would turn over and just cut off.... looks like the e is getting a new starter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts