Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my all-season floor mats for my 2010. No problems installing the front mats, but wasn't able to get the rear floor achor screwed into the side wall. Problem is the anchor is in the way of the screw , so I can get enough leverage to screw it into the sidewall. I am only barely able to put any force on the screw at an awkward angle.

It doesn't seem really necessary to install the anchor since the rubber mats hardly move much anyway, but I figured I'd see if anyone else found a trick to get in in there especially since I already drilled a small hole for the anchor.

thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Get a pair of plyers and twist it in by hand, gripping around the head of the screw. Once it is in your done and don't have to worry about ti coming out easy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is a bit of a pain. I screwed around with it for quite a while. I finally laid down on the floor to get a better working angle and got it to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.