Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time setting up my Sirius converter. I bought the HON-SC1 and the SCC1 to install in the back passenger panel in place of the XM box that is back there. After hours of trying to set it up this past weekend we (mainly my boyfriend) finally got it set up and I called Sirius and everything was great for a day. Then all the sudden yesterday it started to get a lot of static and then this morning I can’t get anything at all to come up when I hit my ‘XM’ button on my dash. We’re thinking that one of the cords may have fallen out of the converter (even though we taped it) because it didn’t seem to want to stay in very well when we were setting it up.

Can anybody help? I know some people had the easiest time setting this up but I think that I’m just screwing it all up. :mad:

Also, I don’t have to use the Sirius antenna right? Can’t I just use the regular antenna on the E? How do I do that too?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to anyone that can help. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Your connections probably came loose or undone when you hit a bump. Not sure about the conversion kit you have but with mine you need the Sirius Antenna. I got mine from integrated solutions on E-bay . Looks very similar to the one H and A sells and the instructions were almost identical .

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
We’re thinking that one of the cords may have fallen out of the converter (even though we taped it) because it didn’t seem to want to stay in very well when we were setting it up.
I think that if your cables and such didn't stay in very well when you were setting it up,and it worked great the day before,something must have came loose.I would double check your connections.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now what???

Ok, we got everything back together and mounted on a small board and screwed into where the XM box used to be in behind the back panel. Now there's another problem!!! Sometimes when I turn the car on it will completely ignore the Sirius. When you push the 'XM' button on the dash, absolutely nothing happens! It does this randomly but I have to idea what is causing it or what to do to fix it when it happens.

Has this happened to anyone??? Thanks again.

Stephanie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts