Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting my new Element to the test today. About 6 inches of snow expected today in Connecticut, and I'll be driving in the thick of it, over a steep hill (many cars can't handle it and get stuck). I'm used to driving a pretty rugged Jeep Wrangler, so I'll be interested to see how the E's 4WD does in comparison. I'll report back tomorrow - after I've found a good car wash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the E out today in the snow, and it went well, a lot better than some of the cars I saw on 91 South. There was ice under the snow, so slow was the only way. Got up the hill to my house no problem. I couldn't even tell when back wheels were kicking in. Snow tires would still make a big difference though, my last car was AWD with 4 Dunlop Graspic snows for the winter, and it was amazing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy to report the Element did fabulous in what will hopefully be some of the worst conditions it has to drive in - snowing hard, 6+" on the ground, and black ice underneath. It went up and over the big hill with no problems - leaving a couple of other cars fishtailing behind. For those wondering if they need the 4WD option, get it - even if you only use it once a year, it's worth it just so you're not one of those unfortunate souls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts