Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today in search of colorful leaves. Thought maybe there has been enough rain (what was I thinking? ) to actually have a chance at some decent color by now. Maybe next week...

Grandfather Mountain from the Blue Ridge Parkway
grandfather_mountain_10-14-07.jpg

The Viaduct (also Grandfather Mountain)
viaduct_10-14-07.JPG

Trolling around the dirt roads of Watauga County (near Boone, NC)
IMG_1504-small.JPG
IMG_1506-small.JPG
rolling_hills.JPG
watauga_county_10-14-07.jpg

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Funny you should mention that, Benny. I saw a Foliage Forecast today. They talked about the Blue Ridge Parkway, lack of precip, elevations for best viewing (over 5K ft.), and more.

So I did a search and found weather.com has one. Let me know what you think.

P.S. I still like your pics. :)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We went out leaf peeping today too. Found some great back roads to explore, but still at least a week early for peak color.

CT Field_sm.jpg

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What a difference a week makes...and Southern New England fall color should be outstanding for at least another week.

Country Barn II_sm.jpg Country Road_sm.jpg

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Great shots! Hope to be out there this week-end taking some pics of the trees around my area. What a great time of the year to take pics.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Allegheny Mountains at Sunrise, Claysburg, PA

The wife and I were on our way to Gettysburg Saturday morning on I99 South between Altoona and Bedford,PA when the sun broke through the clouds revealing a spectacular scenic view. I99(US220) is one of the most scenic interstate highways in PA.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wow...all of the photos are beautiful!

Today the high today is around 50 here in OK, the coldest day yet! So we still have mostly greens.

Found this article on Yahoo.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Thank you!

What a beautiful pictures! Thanks to everybody for posting.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Thanks all for the lovely photos. I have lots of new desktop images.

I drove through the Scranton, PA area 3 weeks ago and saw the colors just beginning. They were vivid then but patchy color. Now...well...WOW!!

-g

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thanks all for the lovely photos. I have lots of new desktop images.

I drove through the Scranton, PA area 3 weeks ago and saw the colors just beginning. They were vivid then but patchy color. Now...well...WOW!!

-g
Scranton?
Did you say hi to the folks @ Dunder Mifflen ?

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Scranton?
Did you say hi to the folks @ Dunder Mifflen ?
:lol::lol:

Yes, and Dwight asked me out. Seems he's getting over Angela.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Funny you should mention that, Benny. I saw a Foliage Forecast today. They talked about the Blue Ridge Parkway, lack of precip, elevations for best viewing (over 5K ft.), and more.
The weather folks here have been talking about "subdued color" because of the drought. The various maples are still putting on a good show - one drive we took yesterday was spectacular - but everything else is just turning a dingy brown. Blah.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The downside of the pretty colored leaves...I JUST RAKED THE DAMN YARD YESTERDAY! :mad:

Yard Leaves_sm.jpg

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rather than start a new thread for the same reason, I figured I would resurrect this one from the dead.

Todays adventure looking for the colorful leaves.

Blue Ridge Parkway, just south of Price Park.

Blue Ridge Parkway, just north of Mount Mitchell

NC 80 pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts