Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Central Chile has the potential to affect the entire Pacific Basin. The warning sirens went off at 6:00 am - if you live in a low-lying coastal area, might want to make preparations.

It's been a pretty interesting morning; probably not a good day to go surfing...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
take the Elements to higher ground !

·
Registered
895 Posts
I was told Elements are tsunami resistant.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Head for the middle of the islands. Also Oregon, California & Washington are on the list to watch out too. God Bless.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Holy crap, this is serious. Hawaii EOCers take care!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have been watching the Hilo Bay Cam. its on it 4th surge right now.
Also watching the Moanalua Bay cam on Oahu. It starting to do the same.
Hang in there auntie!:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Warning Canceled

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center canceled the warning at 1:38pm HST. Well, always better to be forewarned and to prepare for the worst, and have nothing happen.

AYF and I rode up at Royal Summit again this morning and it was a pretty unique experience to see all of these small boats anchored a mile or more offshore. In Pearl Harbor as a precaution, the Navy had put some of their ships to sea and others were moved from their moorings to the middle of the lochs.

It's been a pretty surreal Saturday; a lot of businesses were closed and the freeway was virtually deserted. A lot of folks were parked up along Royal Summit - probably those who evacuated low-lying areas, or curious onlookers waiting to see what they could see.

Thanks folks, the Elements are safe.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Half of the northeast chapter stood in a bar, Glued to the TVTO SEE A 2 INCH WAVE, Thrilling!

Dom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts