Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First- thanks for answering my intake manifold gasket question below. Secondly, I happened upon an RBB manifold from a TSX owner that I'm installing tomorrow. He also gave me the throttle body, related vacuum lines, and the injector body, fuel rail, and injectors.

The TB is drive by wire and not useful to me, but instead of just swapping in the manifold, should I consider swapping in his injector body, rail, and injectors? I can't tell if there are subtle differences between them and the ones used in the E, and if there would be any benefit. They didn't get much use, and I've cleaned them up quite nicely. If I don't use them, I may shelve them as spares or sell them to someone who needs them.

What are your opinions?

Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
657 Posts
You can't upgrade injectors without upgrading to a programmable engine management. I'm not sure that the TSX injectors would flow much more than the Element injectors anyway, and if they do, then not by much. But without a way to tune your engine, it would actually probably run worse (with a richer mixture).

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think the older tsx Tb's were non drive by wire. I'm not 100% sure the drive by wire intake manifold will work with a non-drive by wire throttle body though. I seem to remember reading something to that effect. I would check that first before you pull your intake off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drive by wire TB

I've already got the IM off to do a starter replacement. The newer TSX manifold is just the same RBB seen on the earlier ones. The drive by wire TB has the same mounting pattern, I was just wondering about the injector body and whether or not the injectors were identical?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Injector specs

For anyone who wants to know-

Element Injector: 16450-RAA-A01 - 270cc
TSX Injector: 16450-RBB-003 - 310cc

So yes, I don't want to reprogram or reinterpret anything. I happen to hate PWM control coding.

-J

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Justin,

The TSX manifold will move your torque curve Higher in the RPM range.

I got that information from the Civic tuners forum.
\ I believe they port and polish the manifold as well.

There is some discussion about not doing the Polish. Some feel as though it spoils the natural turbulence. Diminishing fuel mix efficiency, therefor reducing engine output. They claim to have proven it with Dyno runs. However, there is no data posted to prove it.

Dom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts