Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my buddy bought a plotter and went to Avery Dennison and bought a whole pallet of short rolls of vinyl(red, black, carbon fiber look, silver, green, gold, chrome, and others) and let me make a sticker for fun. I have always wanted to have a tuner club on here. So here it is:

I was going to put elementownersclub.com instead of eoc but did not want to make anyone mad, I hope EOC is o.k. Also I made the E bigger and italic to kind of make it mean tuner E but not look totally stupid. THis one is made as a 3" x 12" and he said we can shrink it way down to like 1.5" x 6". I am not looking to sell these to make money, but if anyone wants one, I have to pay for the vinyl/supplies and shipping. I will wait to see the response and will ask if it is o.k., I love the EOC and do not want to get banned or be frowned apon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like the play on the E, but with it large like that, it just makes it seem like it says Tun E.R. Maybe if the E was backwards. I don't know. Play with it a while.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, after some more, I can come up with a final design.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
a backward E sounds good, doh, made it already.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Larry, I will not be selling these or giving them out, I do not want to make anyone mad. I pm'd you back about possibly still making a final design for the eoc store to sell if there is enough interest or you can just delete the post. Again, sorry, I appologize.
Steve

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I like it too,but I think it would look a tad better if you made the E a darker color/shade than the other letters.8)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Awesome idea! Keep it up! I agree, a backwards E would look a lot better :-D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have still not gotten a response back, I know spdrcr has a lot going on with a baby coming. Keep up the suggestions and we will see what happens.
Eww- My buddy does not want to use all the extra vynil for 1 letter and if this is made in for us by the eoc store(i will send them the design if this happens), I know they won't either.

I asked my buddy to make 2 with a backwards E(1 with eoc and one with elementownersclub.com) and I will post pics when I get them.

He also just made me the i-vtec dohc logos with K24a8 as the - in between the i and v, I have not seen it yet, I will post pics of that also.

Later all,
Steve

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the idea

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but they put the ax to the elementownersclub facebook group. It's probably just a matter of time before they come after you for this as well. I think the letters C, E, and O are registered trademarks to elementownersclub.com

At least that's how they make it seem. :grin:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to rain on your parade, but they put the ax to the elementownersclub facebook group. It's probably just a matter of time before they come after you for this as well. I think the letters C, E, and O are registered trademarks to elementownersclub.com

At least that's how they make it seem. :grin:
I was already contacted by spdrcr5 and was told I cannot sell these or give them away, I posted that, and I will follow the rules, these WILL NOT(for the people who have and are thinking of contacting me) sell or give these away!!! It is now just a feedback and design thread to submit to tom and larry to possibly get them as a purchasable item that can help support this awesome site. I can't ever have a chance of becoming a mod if I break the rules, so do NOT ask me too, also, if anyone copies any of these designs, I will notify both tom and larry, this will not be done!! Not trying to be a dick, just dont want to burn any bridges and lose my favorite site that I spends a minimum of 3 hours a day on, checking new posts and replies, im always logged on my iphone. Sorry for the long chant, just want to cover all bases.
Later all,
Steve

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

Ok everyone, I got the approval to get a final design and when we decide on it I will submit the design to spdrcr5 so he can have them made up.
If anyone has more suggestions, please post them, my buddy will make multiple up so we can all have a plethora of designs to look at yo get out final chosen and made, I have a couple ideas myself.
Later
Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about using EOC, since it can also stood for the Equal Opportunity Commission, which later changed to EEOC.

Acronyms without trademarkable designs built in are just letters of the alphabet and that hasn't been trademarked yet. :)

And before anyone yell's "What about AT&T"?, remember, they have a stylized marble globe as well....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good call, I will take that into strong consideration.

I will have the others on saturday, I just sent him some other ideas this morning.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about using EOC, since it can also stood for the Equal Opportunity Commission, which later changed to EEOC.

Acronyms without trademarkable designs built in are just letters of the alphabet and that hasn't been trademarked yet. :)

And before anyone yell's "What about AT&T"?, remember, they have a stylized marble globe as well....
That's why I made the rather sarcastic post about this site having a patent on the letter C E and O. Good point.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an update, I am going back this saturday to fix his computer, he added a hard drive to be able expand his library room for designs, he just bought a t-shirt press too, and when he went to turn it back on, it could not find windows, he obviously moved too much too the new hard drive, lol, luckily I am a computer nerd.
Later
Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts