Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a tuner lug that won't freaking rust? Or something I should look for that wont rust? I've gone through 2 sets of lugs and both have rust and look like crap. Oh and nothing stupidly expensive like Project MU or something.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Doorman closed ended outside splined/keyed. They are $25 at autozone, they look as the day I bought them, great stuff.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
If you never remove them they will look good for a long time.:)

Face it, lug nuts take a beating every time you change or rotate your wheels. They are relatively cheap so I just replace them when they start looking rusty.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Why so much price difference between the japan lug and the american lug ?
No joke , went to honda for a new one and the price was crazy . Said honda was only shipping japanese ones and thats why , also said the jap lug was better , I guess the shipping is the difference .
Any parts guy can confirm this ?
RUBY

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
$140 is crazy!! Also, stainless do exsist, they are strong, but real hard to machine and cost upwards of $200 and more for custom ones, its not worth it.
My doorman ones have been on and off 20 times atleast, you just cant let them bang around the ground.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My oem's were rusty 2 weeks after I bought my car, gotta love salt.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doorman closed ended outside splined/keyed. They are $25 at autozone, they look as the day I bought them, great stuff.
Took your advice and put these on shortly after this thread started. Rusted already.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is stupid, had mine on for 6 months, no rust, and Ohio is a rust state, huh, sorry.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What color are yours? I have chrome.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mine were the package that did not say chrome on it but they are polished, that is why I bought them, because not one mention of chrome.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Are stainless lugs even made or are they not strong enough?

(Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to look at the above links)
Stainless would make a horrible lug. Not only would they rust, but they would corrode and fuse into the hubs. If you've ever been around a boat you would know that dissimilar metals can't touch one another without having a sacrificial anode. On boats in order to protect the more expensive metals for the prop and rudder as well as some other metal parts there are pieces of zinc that give up their lives to protect the more expensive metals. What you are trying to avoid is galvanic corrosion.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a set of those $140 rays lug nuts, they are 7 years old, no rust of course. The reason they cost so much is because they weigh hardly anything, and they are far more durable than other lugnuts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts