Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking into getting an element, and like any good modifier would do, i'm seeking solutions prior to purchase.

i'll probably go with a custom intake/header/cat/exhaust from lht performance, but how the helk would i tune?

aem/apexi/greddy? any help would be greatly appreciated =)

regards,

vinny

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the prompt reply, but i don't own an element yet. i am looking into 2005-2006 ex, awd, auto models

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
:shock:

OMFG, your TSX is gorgeous!

The color I love, plus it's styled the way I like it! Wow... I want one...

i'm heavy into rock climbing now so i need a vehicle that can get around on varying terrain! GOTTA STICK WITH THE H BADGE

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tuning

i'm looking into getting an element, and like any good modifier would do, i'm seeking solutions prior to purchase.

i'll probably go with a custom intake/header/cat/exhaust from lht performance, but how the helk would i tune?

aem/apexi/greddy? any help would be greatly appreciated =)

regards,

vinny
That is a very clean TSX you have there...

The engine block for an Element is almost the same as your K-series TSX, except the TSX head has V-tec power that kicks in, so if you're already familiar with the engine you can do a lot to it like any other K-series.

Some after market parts for the Element specifically for the Element are Hondata engine management, K-sport suspension, Tein, ST sway bars, Eibach, Skunk, AEM,etc...

There are no bolt on Headers or Turbos yet so you'll have to custom fabricate one made for RSX or TSX models.

Definitely get he 4WD version, they are much better for mountain roads, and works very well! It acts like an LSD when your front tires spin out, the rear wheel drive will kick in automatically.:lol:

Check out the "Trading Post on the Forums", sometimes there are some nice Element deals for sale as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is one beautiful TSX!! I have to ask why are you selling it to buy an E? I would keep the TSX and find a older E.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I salivated over that TSX for weeks on Acurazine :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i appreciate all the positive response and advice! selling for 2 reasons:

a) my family needs the money
b) need an economical suv to suit my new lifestyle change

i had no clue that hondata had kpro for the element ... i may just change my mind about the auto and go with a 5 spd. however, the main reason behind the auto would be for convenience so everyone could drive on long trips

THANKS EVERYONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Other than k-pro, you would have to go with a full FIC, no one likes us enough to figure out our tuning.:-(

·
Registered
793 Posts
The MT drives real easy... Just like a car... I hear you on the switching off on long drives though.. But yeah, you should really go with k pro... I would have but the 07up will require me swapping gauge clusters, wiring and ecu. It has not been done before, and will be lots of fun(read PITA).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts