Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any possibility of swapping the European 2.2 turbo diesel from a crv into an 06 element?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Sure...should be easy. :|

The hardest part would prolly be be getting the 2.2 CTDi motor. (and related electronics) :-(

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You can get the Engine
Here.

Let me know how you like it! If it works for you I'll give it a try!

Dom

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You can get the Engine Here.

Let me know how you like it! If it works for you I'll give it a try!

Dom
The link leads to an R-22 stock gas motor...

·
Registered
3,645 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
any possibility of swapping the European 2.2 turbo diesel from a crv into an 06 element?
Make sure you check out any weight differences. Diesel engines are *heavy*. Remember, you only have 900 pounds of free cargo capacity in an empty Element, and you'll be cutting into that. You may need to upgrade your front suspension.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i-CTDI from Scotland

I'm currently living in Scotland and driving a '07 BMW 120d. Yes, 177 hp turbo charged 4 cylinder diesel. It's fast and can get 50 mpg. Very sweet. It's really going to suck to sell it. Importing it to the US just wouldn't be worth all the headaches.

I'm going to be moving back to the US in a couple months (likely Houston), and have been looking at the very limited diesel options available in the US: VW Jetta TDI, Audi A3 TDI, BMW 335d, and Mercedes Benz. For various reasons, I don't really like the choices. Either the cars are too small (I'm 6'5" tall), or they are too expensive and don't have enough utility.

So, I'm considering getting an i-CTDI engine from a local scrap yard and bringing it back to the US with me to do an Element swap. My thoughts are to use a Element SC with a manual transmission.

With as many E-heads on this forum, I'm looking for some guidance, to see how much work this is, versus buying and living with one of the cars above.

1. Could someone recommend some tuner shops in Houston that could help with this project? I'd definately need some help with sorting out the wiring.

2. Any thoughts on if the Honda Accord (US Acura TSX) i-CTDI or the CRV i-CTDI would be better to use?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'd be more inclined to use the CR-V motor. I'd get the motor, transmission, wire harnesses, exhaust and computer and hope the motor mounts all line up. I wouldn't think that the gasoline engine's transmission would work well with a CTDI but you never know.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Race Lab did all of my fabrication and labor, even making me one off motor mounts which you will most likely need. Check out my build thread for some pics of his work. PM me if you want to know how to get in touch with them. He LITERALLY can put any motor in anything. In the shop as we speak are a 240 with a built ka motor that has a shelby gt500 blower going on it for road racing. Very good work and a great welder.:evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts