Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been building cars for awhile and one one I decided that I wanted to do something different and build a turbo Element.
Numbers: 340whp and 313 lb/ft at 8psi and the best part is the engine has 300,000km and doesn't burn any oil

Quick build list so far:
  • Cx Racing turbo kit (for a Acura Tsx)
  • 550cc grams performance injectors
  • 265 deatchwerks fuel pump
  • Mishimoto oil filter sandwich plate
  • rbc intake Manifold
  • vibrant vacum block
  • Hondata Kpro ecu (ecu is from a acura rsx type s and I needed a piggy back harness)
  • Bc racing coilovers
  • k tuned 72mm throttle body
  • k tuned heater delete plugs ( will be installed next summer)
  • k tuned power steering delete pulley ( for civic ep3)
  • aem boost gauge and electronic controller (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • aem wide band gauge and sensor (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • Acura RSX type s o2 sensor
  • heat wrap
  • turbo blanket
  • yonaka cat back exhaust
Alright so now that the parts list is out of the way here we go,
The build took me about 2 1/2 months to do and the big reason is because school and the army reserve is not easy to just put on hold ( you can't) so a lot of sleepless nights were a thing. I've always loved the honda element and I always want to build a drag racing honda element and still have a street car somewhat.
-The first bump I ran into was the power steering hose was right where the turbo had to go so I bit the bullet and just delete the power steering altogether which honestly the car is easy to drive without the power steering.
-The second bump was the heater hoses where to close to the tubro so I just said byebye to those because this was only going to be a summer car anyways.
  • I had to do a bit of custom stuff with the intercooler supplied from the cxracing kit because the kit was made for a tsx.
  • I also made a custom mount for the intercooler and i had to cut and shift the battery tray a bit to fit the intercooler piping aswell (battery is getting sent to the trunk in the future anyways)
  • I was to cut a hole in the metal under the driver side headlight the run the pipe and a hole behind the driver side headlight to run the other pipe under and into the intercooler
  • now I realized i dont need the gauges because the hondata ecu has bluettoth and I can run all my gauges to a tablet so you can save some money there
I'm sure there more crap Ive done but If so its hard to remember but if anyone has any questions I am more then happy to answer them
If you want more pictures of the build progress I can show you that as well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
So I've been building cars for awhile and one one I decided that I wanted to do something different and build a turbo Element.
Numbers: 340whp and 313 lb/ft at 8psi and the best part is the engine has 300,000km and doesn't burn any oil

Quick build list so far:
  • Cx Racing turbo kit (for a Acura Tsx)
  • 550cc grams performance injectors
  • 265 deatchwerks fuel pump
  • Mishimoto oil filter sandwich plate
  • rbc intake Manifold
  • vibrant vacum block
  • Hondata Kpro ecu (ecu is from a acura rsx type s and I needed a piggy back harness)
  • Bc racing coilovers
  • k tuned 72mm throttle body
  • k tuned heater delete plugs ( will be installed next summer)
  • k tuned power steering delete pulley ( for civic ep3)
  • aem boost gauge and electronic controller (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • aem wide band gauge and sensor (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • Acura RSX type s o2 sensor
  • heat wrap
  • turbo blanket
  • yonaka cat back exhaust
Alright so now that the parts list is out of the way here we go,
The build took me about 2 1/2 months to do and the big reason is because school and the army reserve is not easy to just put on hold ( you can't) so a lot of sleepless nights were a thing. I've always loved the honda element and I always want to build a drag racing honda element and still have a street car somewhat.
-The first bump I ran into was the power steering hose was right where the turbo had to go so I bit the bullet and just delete the power steering altogether which honestly the car is easy to drive without the power steering.
-The second bump was the heater hoses where to close to the tubro so I just said byebye to those because this was only going to be a summer car anyways.
  • I had to do a bit of custom stuff with the intercooler supplied from the cxracing kit because the kit was made for a tsx.
  • I also made a custom mount for the intercooler and i had to cut and shift the battery tray a bit to fit the intercooler piping aswell (battery is getting sent to the trunk in the future anyways)
  • I was to cut a hole in the metal under the driver side headlight the run the pipe and a hole behind the driver side headlight to run the other pipe under and into the intercooler
  • now I realized i dont need the gauges because the hondata ecu has bluettoth and I can run all my gauges to a tablet so you can save some money there
I'm sure there more crap Ive done but If so its hard to remember but if anyone has any questions I am more then happy to answer them
If you want more pictures of the build progress I can show you that as well View attachment 202236 View attachment 202240

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Nice to see another turbo SOP. They are fun. Check out the photo section of the Hellement. I have enjoyed my E since 2010., Now have a TSX , dual V-tec turboed motor. Running 437 whp on the street. Lot of fun. Enjoy! Keep us advised of your progress and mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see another turbo SOP. They are fun. Check out the photo section of the Hellement. I have enjoyed my E since 2010., Now have a TSX , dual V-tec turboed motor. Running 437 whp on the street. Lot of fun. Enjoy! Keep us advised of your progress and mods.
DUDE I HAVE SOOOOO MANY QUESTIONS FOR YOU!?!?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts