Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been building cars for awhile and one one I decided that I wanted to do something different and build a turbo Element.
Numbers: 340whp and 313 lb/ft at 8psi and the best part is the engine has 300,000km and doesn't burn any oil

Quick build list so far:
  • Cx Racing turbo kit (for a Acura Tsx)
  • 550cc grams performance injectors
  • 265 deatchwerks fuel pump
  • Mishimoto oil filter sandwich plate
  • rbc intake Manifold
  • vibrant vacum block
  • Hondata Kpro ecu (ecu is from a acura rsx type s and I needed a piggy back harness)
  • Bc racing coilovers
  • k tuned 72mm throttle body
  • k tuned heater delete plugs ( will be installed next summer)
  • k tuned power steering delete pulley ( for civic ep3)
  • aem boost gauge and electronic controller (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • aem wide band gauge and sensor (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • Acura RSX type s o2 sensor
  • heat wrap
  • turbo blanket
  • yonaka cat back exhaust
Alright so now that the parts list is out of the way here we go,
The build took me about 2 1/2 months to do and the big reason is because school and the army reserve is not easy to just put on hold ( you can't) so a lot of sleepless nights were a thing. I've always loved the honda element and I always want to build a drag racing honda element and still have a street car somewhat.
-The first bump I ran into was the power steering hose was right where the turbo had to go so I bit the bullet and just delete the power steering altogether which honestly the car is easy to drive without the power steering.
-The second bump was the heater hoses where to close to the tubro so I just said byebye to those because this was only going to be a summer car anyways.
  • I had to do a bit of custom stuff with the intercooler supplied from the cxracing kit because the kit was made for a tsx.
  • I also made a custom mount for the intercooler and i had to cut and shift the battery tray a bit to fit the intercooler piping aswell (battery is getting sent to the trunk in the future anyways)
  • I was to cut a hole in the metal under the driver side headlight the run the pipe and a hole behind the driver side headlight to run the other pipe under and into the intercooler
  • now I realized i dont need the gauges because the hondata ecu has bluettoth and I can run all my gauges to a tablet so you can save some money there
I'm sure there more crap Ive done but If so its hard to remember but if anyone has any questions I am more then happy to answer them
If you want more pictures of the build progress I can show you that as well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
So I've been building cars for awhile and one one I decided that I wanted to do something different and build a turbo Element.
Numbers: 340whp and 313 lb/ft at 8psi and the best part is the engine has 300,000km and doesn't burn any oil

Quick build list so far:
  • rbc intake Manifold
  • vibrant vacum block
  • Hondata Kpro ecu (ecu is from a acura rsx type s and I needed a piggy back harness)
  • Bc racing coilovers
  • aem boost gauge and electronic controller (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • aem wide band gauge and sensor (which you don't need and i will explain later)
  • heat wrap
  • turbo blanket
The build took me about 2 1/2 months to do and the big reason is because school and the army reserve is not easy to just put on hold ( you can't) so a lot of sleepless nights were a thing. I've always loved the honda element and I always want to build a drag racing honda element and still have a street car somewhat.
-The first bump I ran into was the power steering hose was right where the turbo had to go so I bit the bullet and just delete the power steering altogether which honestly the car is easy to drive without the power steering.
-The second bump was the heater hoses where to close to the tubro so I just said byebye to those because this was only going to be a summer car anyways.
  • I had to do a bit of custom stuff with the intercooler supplied from the cxracing kit because the kit was made for a tsx.
  • I also made a custom mount for the intercooler and i had to cut and shift the battery tray a bit to fit the intercooler piping aswell (battery is getting sent to the trunk in the future anyways)
  • I was to cut a hole in the metal under the driver side headlight the run the pipe and a hole behind the driver side headlight to run the other pipe under and into the intercooler
  • now I realized i dont need the gauges because the hondata ecu has bluettoth and I can run all my gauges to a tablet so you can save some money there
I'm sure there more crap Ive done but If so its hard to remember but if anyone has any questions I am more then happy to answer them
If you want more pictures of the build progress I can show you that as well View attachment 202236 View attachment 202240

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Nice to see another turbo SOP. They are fun. Check out the photo section of the Hellement. I have enjoyed my E since 2010., Now have a TSX , dual V-tec turboed motor. Running 437 whp on the street. Lot of fun. Enjoy! Keep us advised of your progress and mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see another turbo SOP. They are fun. Check out the photo section of the Hellement. I have enjoyed my E since 2010., Now have a TSX , dual V-tec turboed motor. Running 437 whp on the street. Lot of fun. Enjoy! Keep us advised of your progress and mods.
DUDE I HAVE SOOOOO MANY QUESTIONS FOR YOU!?!?!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don’t have much to add - just a lot of respect. Is your E 2wd our 4? Aside from the plumbing, what was the hardest thing to work through?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quick build list so far:
  • rbc intake Manifold
  • vibrant vacum block
  • Bc racing coilovers
  • heat wrap
  • turbo blanket
If you want more pictures of the build progress I can show you that as well View attachment 202236 View attachment 202240
Congratulation

Hello, it's a very nice job, I would like to start my project but I do not have enough money yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don’t have much to add - just a lot of respect. Is your E 2wd our 4? Aside from the plumbing, what was the hardest thing to work through?
I decided to do the 2wd because as we all know the honda element "real time awd" cannot handle power gains, the rear axles and diff would blow in a second. and honestly the plumbing wasn't hard because I decided to delete everything that got in my way ( heating, ac , power steering) this project would have been a lot harder and definitely longer if I had decided to keep any of those things. as long as you have a welder and some metal and a grinder this project if pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I decided to do the 2wd because as we all know the honda element "real time awd" cannot handle power gains, the rear axles and diff would blow in a second. and honestly the plumbing wasn't hard because I decided to delete everything that got in my way ( heating, ac , power steering) this project would have been a lot harder and definitely longer if I had decided to keep any of those things. as long as you have a welder and some metal and a grinder this project if pretty simple.
Do you have the LSD? Really stops the torque steer and lets the power go to the road. Glad to see you have A SOP. Best color for an E. Have a summer car. Fully built turboed 03 [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the LSD? Really stops the torque steer and lets the power go to the road. Glad to see you have A SOP. Best color for an E. Have a summer car. Fully built turboed 03 [email protected]
No LSD I will be looking for one as well I'm in the market for bigger axles I plan to hit 400hp next summer sooo...
and cool s2k ! how much power?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a comment that the rear drive can handle the power. It does not engage quickly enough but it is stable And works just fine in snow and normal driving. There are upgrade clutches which is probably my next update. My E is at 440 HP and AWD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a comment that the rear drive can handle the power. It does not engage quickly enough but it is stable And works just fine in snow and normal driving. There are upgrade clutches which is probably my next update. My E is at 440 HP and AWD.
Super cool I would love to here more about your E and specs plus what you done to it.
Another reason I didn’t I didn’t opt for AWD is the weight difference between the AWD version and FWD version is big and since I’m going to be primarily drag racing I’m trying to be as light as possible. Anyways would love to get in contact with you and here more about your E thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice little wright up. Are you planning on doing wheels/tires/brakes in the future? Can’t wait to see where you take this!
Hey so Ive already done a lot more to the car, I've redone the floors for starters, relocated the battery to the back, and changed the front seats to the seats out of the civic ep3 sir. I am about to do a bit of maintenance to the car, such as new brakes and inner/outer tie rods, oil change and spark plugs again. I do plan on going with bigger tires in the front but only when I buy another transmission that I can rebuild to be able to handle the power aswell as a stronger clutch.
My end goal would be to make a roll cage and tube frame the front end but all in good time as I do all the work myself and all of my plans cost a lot of money HAHAHA . If you'd like some update pictures of the battery relocation and all I'm more then happy to provide it.
PS: I am hoping to buy a new k24 but the one from the TSX because my tuner said with that motor can make 400WHP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heyo sorry for the late reply, the build itself wasn't to hard to do as I have a welder and I am a OK (NOT AMAZING) fabricator, it is just a long process as I wanted to do everything right. If anything was hard it was installing the coilovers, because the rear shock on the driver side is close to the tank and those dang bolts need a lot of heat to come out and a strong air gun at least for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts