Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to make the public happy here are some more shots of the Brakes off the Orange E in my signature.

At the intial time of the brake build Rotora was not an option (main wich they would have done it just a little bit sooner! They would fit much better behind the HRE's) So we contracted the Brakeman to help us. We actually had to send Brakeman the Front and Rear hub assemblies, calipers, etc etc so they could fab the brakes for the vehicle.

Turn around was about 6-8 weeks from Start to finish. Front Calipers went from 2 to 4 and rears from 1 to 2. We also had to add Residual valves into the brake system to maintain pressure during driving. Without the valves the brakes would become soft during cruising. Ebrake works, OEM master cynlinder still in play as well.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Hot looking setup!!

My only concerns would be, heat distortion of the Rotor. I understand that design, is in theory, cooler running. However, on the race track, they will become distorted.

I hope you went to braided lines with those !!

Keep us posted on how well they hold up in every day use.
I love the look!

Thanks

Dom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hot looking setup!!

My only concerns would be, heat distortion of the Rotor. I understand that design, is in theory, cooler running. However, on the race track, they will become distorted.

I hope you went to braided lines with those !!

Keep us posted on how well they hold up in every day use.
I love the look!

Thanks

Dom
The brakes have been on the car for 3 years now. About 1500 miles on them since install. Normal pad wear and rotor wear, according to Brakeman these rotors will not have any issue on a DD, now a racecar ... I didnt ask but i would assume they would not be able to handle hardcore race braking

but they stop on a Frickin DIME

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
That's good to Know!
You never did say anything about the cost.

Oh one other thing, How do they do as far as noise goes. I have run something similar on a 1200cc bike. They produced a noticeable difference in noise on that. But then on that, your only 3 feet away from the rotor. No doors or fenders to act as mufflers.

Dom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to Know!
You never did say anything about the cost.

Oh one other thing, How do they do as far as noise goes. I have run something similar on a 1200cc bike. They produced a noticeable difference in noise on that. But then on that, your only 3 feet away from the rotor. No doors or fenders to act as mufflers.

Dom
No lie, the pads are VERY noisy. They are a race compound that Brakeman offers, and when we asked if they had a less "harsh" pad and of course answer was no.

The fronts cost 2200 and the rears came in at 2500 ... yes that is more than the Rotora kit, but when the brakes where made ... rotora didnt have the brakes available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts