Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought an brand new 09 LX (for $17500 btw), and when I opened the glove compartment it had 2 keyfobs for keyless entry! BUT Salesman said LX didn't come with keyless entry, and they were just include by default.

QUESTION: There has got to be a way to turn on the keyless entry in the LX. HOW?

Sam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, sales person didn't know...

Yea, sales person didn't know..We bought the car so fast because it was one of the last LX's in our state (they always try to squeeze you into an EX $$) We fiddled with the keyless entry and presto it DID work.... sales guy was a young guy, very nice, but not educated on the car. So LX does include keyless entry..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
(they always try to squeeze you into an EX $$)
Yeah, had the same experience, had to wait 3 months to get the color we wanted, and the whole time they kept trying to switch us to an EX. :D

But when a "smart" sales person doesn't know something about a vehicle, they say, "hmmmm, I'm not sure on that...... let me check." The idiots just make sh#t up as they go.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello,

I bought an brand new 09 LX (for $17500 btw), and when I opened the glove compartment it had 2 keyfobs for keyless entry! BUT Salesman said LX didn't come with keyless entry, and they were just include by default.

QUESTION: There has got to be a way to turn on the keyless entry in the LX. HOW?

Sam
Awesome deal! Is that for a AWD or a FWD? Will be purchasing one soon! Like you say LX's are hard to find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2WD LX 2009 for $17500 !

It was a 2WD. Didn't want, nor did I even price an AWD due to the gas mileage taking a hit with the AWD. I get 27.6 MPG ! Awesome!

After I bough I found another dealer saying they would sell for $17350!

Bascially I figured it like this:

$18800 invoice -$1000 dealer incentive = $17800 ... then you can even negotiate farther since the dealers gets at least a 3% rebate ($534) AFTER he sells the car, so in my case the dealer gave me some of his dealer rebate...

Some dealers sell by volume and price very nice, and other dealers want to keep the price high..... talk to as many dealers as you can...

Sam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
27.6mpg on the second tank

When I google for real world mpg for the element, I seem to come across a a range of 20 to 28mpg.....

From what I read, the trick is to go easy on the gas and drive in the 50 to 60mph range to minimize the square body's less than smooth shape...

Granted I have had only 2 tanks of gas.

I am sure of the calculations. I used the same gas station, with the same pump, and measured precisely the miles driven and the gallons pumped...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts