Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else absolutely LOVE the turn radius of the E??

I mean, in all but the narrowest of streets can I bust a bitch without having to do a 3 point turn.

The turn radius is way smaller than my 91 accord and even smaller than my 87 corolla.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
But now I'm going to have to go out and see if it'll "bust a bitch".

I mean, in all but the narrowest of streets can I bust a bitch without having to do a 3 point turn.
Does that mean what I think it means?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:064a9ad264="Kayakin' Dan"]But now I'm going to have to go out and see if it'll "bust a bitch".

Does that mean what I think it means?[/quote:064a9ad264]

haha... sorry, i meant make a U-turn... to much chatting in slang on AIM lately.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I too love the turning radius....one night back in April with an E full of druken friends.....we pulled a 180 on the Martin Lurther King Bridge here in St. Louis.....it was a real "wow" momment to all the drunkins!

It was one of the first things we discovered about the E on our test drive....it is one of the things that you can't believe!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, on my second test drive I discovered the turning radius, and drove in a circle in a parking lot for a while, saying, "Wow, cool!"

I can U-turn on my street at work, saving a trip to the end of the road to turn around. (I used to have to do a 3-point turn in my Saturn.)

·
Registered
176 Posts
yup, i inadvertantly discovered the kickass turning radius when i took a wrong turn during my primary test drive :) love it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought I was the only one who was in love with a radius. I never get tired of that damn turing radius....
I owned a '95 VW Golf 3 door before this. It could literally do a 180 inside 2 normal lanes. No shoulder. at all. But the Element is a very close 2nd in my love of turning radii

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is really amazing, isn't it? Before the E, I was driving an Acura RSX-S and that thing had the turning radius of the USS Abraham Lincoln.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, I found out about the turn radius when I did the test drive too. We missed our turn and made a quick u turn to get back on course! It was great! Better than my Civic and Integra!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep....nuthin better than a lunchbox on wheels that can turn on a dime...it was luv at first sight! Can't wait to get my own E and make myself dizzy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
You guys can't apreciate that turning radius as much as me. I had a PT Cruiser. Short car, right? Only problem was it was like driving a greyhound bus, as far as the turning radius goes. Trying to manuveur in a parking garage was murder. Back and forth, back and forth. I couldn't make a Uturn on my front street, only a 3 point turn.

First test drive with the Element, I pulled intor a parking space and wow was I elated. Short turning radius, woooooohooooo!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I see your PT Cruiser and raise you a Chevy S-10, extended cab with a long bed. A full 3 feet longer than the "E". PUlling in or out of a parking space was a three point turn! Now, it's in and out like stink.

·
Registered
90 Posts
foxtail
Yeah, on my second test drive I discovered the turning radius, and drove in a circle in a parking lot for a while, saying, "Wow, cool!"
I did the same thing the first time a made a u turn i a parking lot I just kept going around and around and around ,,,15 minutes went by and I finally decided I was dizzy enough to stop!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Who's talking about the USS Abraham Lincoln... WHO! WHO WAS IT!!!

I also own a 1996 GMC extra cab pickup, short bed though, and it takes me forever to park - back and forth, back and forth... just to get in to a parking space!

·
Registered
493 Posts
After I got my bigger wheels (18 inch Helos w/ BFG g-Force tires) I went over to the local Home Depot and out in the back part of the parking lot. There, I busted quite a few figure eight moves on the mini-hummer to see if the tires rubbed. Noticed some customers going into the lot looking over at me really odd. Then I realized what a spectical I was making of myself. Looked for a cop to see if I was gonna be busted, didn't see one, so busted another move right on outa the parking lot!! Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!!

Ger

·
Registered
129 Posts
After all those figure-8s, any rubbing?

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote:9cda3ffaf4="Alien Element"]Who's talking about the USS Abraham Lincoln... WHO! WHO WAS IT!!![/quote:9cda3ffaf4]

Hey, Alien, that was me. I'm an ex-bubblehead, but I really think both the USS Robert E. Lee [SSBN 601] and USS New York City [SSN 696] could yank a U-ey inside of the RSX. :shock:

·
Registered
74 Posts

I usually like to back into a space (so my "Chi" won't be blocked...according to Feng Shui logic). Since my E turns so tight I find myself "fishtailing" backwards into spots. I need more practice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts