Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn signal stalk works properly to engage either left or right, but when straightening out from the turn the right turn signal doesn't disengage. When I flip the lever, the signal turns off. Seems like a mechanical problem in the turn signal switch.
If that's the case, is the mechanism one that can be replaced DYI?

·
Registered
154 Posts
You replace the entire combination switch assembly.

Advance Auto sells this one
Combination Switch
Intermotor
Part No. S14273

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,926 Posts
Either the turn signal switch or a canceling cam.

Steering wheel and air bag will need to be removed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Actually only steering wheel trim must be removed not the steering wheel or air bag. Very simple repair however disconnect the negative battery terminal or be very careful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually only steering wheel trim must be removed not the steering wheel or air bag. Very simple repair however disconnect the negative battery terminal or be very careful.
Now I'm scared! The YouTube video I watched showed the trim housing the steering shaft being removed, then the switch was unscrewed and replaced. I presumed I'd have to disconnect the battery, but the rest didn't seem complex. I also saw an article about a cancelling cam on the actual shaft of the steering wheel that stopped the flashing when the wheel returned to straight ahead. Do I have to deal with that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either the turn signal switch or a canceling cam.

Steering wheel and air bag will need to be removed.
I have the switch, and I see a little white plastic piece protruding slightly from the side. Is this the piece that engages the cam on the steering shaft to cancel the signal? Is there anything tricky about aligning it or engaging it as the new switch is screwed in place? Thanks for advice!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Curious if you completed this repair and if it solved your problem? Mine does the same thing - not all the time but most of the time and I hadn't looked into what it entails to fix yet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts