Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but i kinda got used to vehicles with lights that turned off automatically!! I've had my 2010 for two weeks and totally love it..........but the second night i didn't realize i left the lights on and.....well the next morning click click click. Now my wife and i are on a road trip through Maine and went to dinner and i did it again. Guess i'm a slow learner!!!!!! Luckily we were at a restaurant and we got a jump quickly. One thing that i have to change about it is the lights but overall great vehicle and I'm getting 24.25 mph on the 3rd fill up. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
724 Posts
This has always been my number one most hated feature with my element (and trust me, the list is extremely short). I can't tell you how many times I've left my lights on, only to have to wait for AAA to come and jump me...I'm talking at least 20+.

I'm a bit surprised that Honda hasn't wised up and implemented a notification system for this in newer models...:x

·
Registered
103 Posts
Doesn't your element let you know when you leave them on with that ringing when you shut off your car and take out the key?
Yes, the 09+ (maybe earlier) do beep at you now if you leave the lights on. I also noticed that the intermittent wipers on the fastest setting are speed variable too, which is cool.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes, the 09+ (maybe earlier) do beep at you now if you leave the lights on. I also noticed that the intermittent wipers on the fastest setting are speed variable too, which is cool.
Well thank God for that. I gathered from the OP's post that this was not the case.

And yes, the wiper speed has always been another issue of mine.

Damn, I wish I could upgrade :(

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
My problem is a bit different. I installed fog lights and a pair of driving lights on my grille. They both have separate switches so when I turn off my regular lights many times I've forgotten to turn off my fogs or driving lights. Needless to say - I've had to get a jump on numerous occasions. I like driving with my parking lights, fog lights and driving lights on instead of using my normal lights. Makes "The Rube" look nicer.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
My problem is a bit different. I installed fog lights and a pair of driving lights on my grille. They both have separate switches so when I turn off my regular lights many times I've forgotten to turn off my fogs or driving lights. Needless to say - I've had to get a jump on numerous occasions. I like driving with my parking lights, fog lights and driving lights on instead of using my normal lights. Makes "The Rube" look nicer.

Rewire the relay trigger, to a hot with the key on only. That will fix that.

You only have to move the wire an inch or so.

Dom

·
Registered
751 Posts
Would it be possible to use a relay that uses the door trigger to turn off the lights?

Functionality on a previously owned vehicle was this:

IF Lights on AND door opens THEN
lights out

IF Lights switch on AND car started THEN
lights on

IF door open and light switch turned on THEN
lights on

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
On a Suby that I had years ago, I left the lights on all the time because they would automatically turn off with the ignition switch (not the "stay on for a minute and turn off" type, they clicked off when you turned the key). It was a nice feature that, I believe, would be easy to "wire" in..... :shock::razz:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Seems the simple solution here is a two step program.

Step 1: Pay attention.
If step one fails, proceed to step two.

Step 2: ...

:-D

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems the simple solution here is a two step program.

Step 1: Pay attention.
If step one fails, proceed to step two.

Step 2: ...

:-D
Too funny.:-D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2009 VW Rabbit, it beeps one, but you can never hearit because the stero stays on until you crack the door

1 - 16 of 16 Posts