Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Hi E owners, is anyone hearing tweeter break up /distortion especially when using the CD player? Now, don't jump to conclusions that this guy doesn't know how to watch his volume level and tone controls,because I do. I don't seem to hear it when using the radio. What comes to my mind is that maybe the speakers in the E can't handle the frequency range of the CD's/CD player(??). Sorry car audio folks but I'm not gonna put a $3000 sound system in my E to eliminate the problem. Anyone else noticing this? 8)

· Registered
960 Posts
What you're hearing is most likely either a bad dash tweeter or possibly just normal sound and you have a discriminating ear.

In either case you certainly don't have to spend $3000.00 to fix this. For less than $100.00 you could replace the front tweeter and mid-bass speakers yourself with an aftermarket coaxial that sounds much better. Crutchfield for example gives you everything needed to do it yourself including full instructions, speaker plates and wiring harness adapters so theres no cutting drilling or splicing necessary.

Also consider visiting your local car stereo shop and have them offer you advice as well. They should be able to install higher quality speakers without "upselling" you on additional equipment.

Upgrading your factory speakers will provide the most dramatic increase in quality sound and it will cost you the least amount of money.

Good luck!

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply E-mass. I am kind of picky with the sound, I don't expect concert hall sound from the E but I don't want new tweeters to crackle either. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.